bspachman
bspachman
Community Member

Versions first :)
Brave = 1.5.115
1P = 7.4.3
1P extension = 4.7.5.90
OSX = High Sierra 10.13.6

I generally use the keyboard combo or 1P Mini to do my auto-filling (and yes, I see the issues discussed in this thread).

However, I've had occasion to be working directly in the 1P app this week, and the "Open & Fill" functionality behaves oddly for me. When I click the button and Brave does NOT have a window open, the button triggers 1P Mini to open, but nothing happens in the browser.

If a browser window is open, then things work as expected--I'm taken to the website and the appropriate fields are filled.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Best,
Brad

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bspachman!

Do you see the same behavior if you try the beta browser extension for Brave (version 4.7.6.BETA-1)?

• bspachman
    bspachman
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

I'm not really a 'beta' guy when it comes to 1P, but I'm willing to give it a shot--however, I can't seem to find a download location or instructions on how to revert to the regular release either in the forum or in searching the website.

Pointers welcome...

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bspachman:

You won't need the beta version of the 1Password app for this, I think the beta of the browser extension will be enough. You can try it from this direct link on our changelog page.

Should it not work, you can uninstall the extension and install the stable version again from our website.

• bspachman
    bspachman
    Community Member

Nope. The beta extension doesn't even load in Brave. After downloading from your link above, I did the following:

• Navigate to "Extensions" page.
    • Uninstalled the regular release of the Brave 1P extension
    • Turned on Developer mode
    • Dragged the 1P-4.7.6.1.crx file onto the Extensions page
    • Received error "CRX_HEADER_INVALID"

Tried to unpack the crx file and all I got was a zip.cpgz file instead of a directory.

Sorry to be troublesome about this. Frankly, I'm wondering what the Brave 1P extension has to do with my actual problem of "Open & Fill" from the 1P application directly not opening a Brave window if one isn't already open.

Let me know your thoughts...
    Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bspachman:

Frankly, I'm wondering what the Brave 1P extension has to do with my actual problem of "Open & Fill" from the 1P application directly not opening a Brave window if one isn't already open.

In your original post, you wrote: "When I click the button and Brave does NOT have a window open, the button triggers 1P Mini to open, but nothing happens in the browser."

And this is the fix that our developers added in the latest beta version: Correct intermittent bug where 1Password mini would appear instead of filling. {apple-issues#4317}

So I thought that the two were connected.

• bspachman
    bspachman
    Community Member

That's great, but as stated above, I also can't test that fix since the beta 1P extension for Brave won't install. It's entirely possible that it's a case of PEBCAK, but additional guidance about installing the beta would be appreciated....

Thanks!

**PEBCAK = Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard :chuffed:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @bspachman ,
    I was reading through the discussion here and I thought I'd jump in.

The beta extension for Brave can be installed directly from Chrome's extensions store, so please install it from there.
    To clarify, the beta contains a fix in which 1Password opens mini when trying to autofill within the browser randomly, and it will not resolve the issue if you try to open and fill while the browser has no open windows. That is a different issue that we are still working on.

For now, you can work around the issue completely using one of the following methods:

• Have an open browser window before clicking on "open and fill".
    • Start and end your workflow in the browser, no need to open the 1Password desktop app at all. Simply click the 1Password extension on the top right corner of Brave, search for the website you need and click on "Go". It will take you there and autofill.

I hope you'll find this info useful. Do let us know if you're still unable to install the extension directly from Chrome's extensions store.

• bspachman
    bspachman
    Community Member

Thanks. The beta installed flawlessly from the store.

Can confirm (as you explained), that the fix(es) in the extension don't apply to my specific observation about Brave not opening a window when called from the 1P application.

I'll keep my eyes on the changelogs for future versions to see if y'all have made any progress on the issue.

Thanks for all the help and pointers!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @bspachman! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.