Want to print (or export) list of all entry titles and usernames but no passwords.

UpSide
UpSide
Community Member

I'm cleaning up my 1Password vaults, some of which have way too many entries. I'd like to generate a list of all entries, just the titles and usernames (helpful but optional) but none of the passwords. Any way to do that? I plan to use this as a checklist, marking on paper each entry as essential, useful, or discardable.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave
Sync Type: 1PW

Comments

• Hi @UpSide,

You could export your 1Password data to a CSV file (which can be read by just about any spreadsheet program) and then delete the passwords from the result, but no, there isn't a way to export without the passwords. Please use caution when dealing with exports as they are not encrypted. Ideally the export file would be saved to an encrypted disk, and then deleted as soon as possible.

What might be a better option here is tags: you could tag each entry in your vault with either essential, useful, or discardable and then take action on the items based on which tag has been applied.

Organize with favorites and tags

Ben

• UpSide
    UpSide
    Community Member

Tags would be helpful. Thanks for that. Exporting is not so great, because I don't want a record of the passwords outside of 1PW. Exporting to an encrypted disk (or disk image) would work, but I'd have to trust whatever app I used to edit out the passwords not to leave readable info hanging around.

• Indeed; hopefully tags will work. I generally only recommend exporting or printing if there is no other option.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.