Missing (removed/broken) feature: "Save to Disk"

There used to be a feature in 1Password for Windows which enabled me to save (to my hard disk) a custom icon.

I noticed it seems to have disappeared in the latest version because I went to add a new entry and found I was unable to download the custom icon.

I read the release notes and there wasn't any mention of it being removed.

• Is its disappearance a bug?
  • Has the feature been silently removed?
  • Are there any other ways of saving the image?

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.4.758
Extension Version: 4.7.5
OS Version: 1909 (18363.720)
Sync Type: Membership

Comments

• It looks like this was an option we never added to 1Password 6 (and thus isn't part of 1Password 7 either). 1Password 6 was a full rebuild so we did have to declare some things non-essential and leave them for later when it was first taken on and it seems this option missed that first bus. Funny enough, I actually had to ask about this as its existence predated my time here, but sure enough it was a thing in 1Password 4 and looks to have flown under the radar until now. I've let our development team know and hopefully we can sneak it back in there in a future update. :chuffed:

• Correction, @nickwaters – it actually was part of an earlier versions and got lost along the way. My apologies – we'll get it fixed up. :+1:

• nickwaters
    nickwaters
    Community Member

I know the feature was definitely in 1Password 7.4.750. It also existed in 1Password 6 @bundtkate (I never used version 4).

I used it last a couple of weeks ago so it was either broken in 7.4.753 or 7.4.758 (if that helps).

Thanks for getting it fixed. :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@nickwaters: Thank you for noticing it! Your feedback helps us get better. :) Please stay tuned for future updates and let us know if you have other questions.

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: dev/windows/opw#4611

This discussion has been closed.