Most of my passwords are suddenly "Terrible"

Options
Tyloon1e
Tyloon1e
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I recently enrolled onto the Beta only to figure out most of my passwords have been marked as "Terrible" after the enrolment. I then followed someone else's advise on the forum and deleted the entire app and re-downloaded/installed the latest stable version and unchecked Beta builds afterwards. Now, most of my passwords are still marked as "Terrible" in the macOS app, but if I visit https://my.1password.com/ to check, all of my passwords are showing fine strength.

How do I counter this?

Cheers.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Tyloon1e

In a perfect world the password strength indicator would be the same regardless of which of our apps you view it through. We're working toward that, but we aren't quite there yet. For right now you may want to defer to the web app.

Ben

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member
    Options

I would be interested in why that's not the case?! Haven't you implemented the same password creator and Watchtower across platforms?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@krusnof:

The password generator and Watchtower are the same, it's the way password strength is shown that can differ. As my colleague Ben wrote, we are working towards a single way of showing password strength across the apps.

This discussion has been closed.