I need to get an old laptop to point to a new 1Password vault

Options

I used to have a 1Password subscription through my previous employer. I have since changed over to a new laptop and established a family account. The old laptop has the old 1Password info on it, and I want to point the program to a new vault. Do I need to uninstall 1Password and start over? This seems like an easy issue to resolve but I don't want to screw things up.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need to get an old laptop to point to a new 1Password vault

Comments

• Honest, @srorourke47, I'm glad to see you treating this with such care. It should be fairly simple, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. In furtherance of that goal, let's start with making sure I'm on the right track here. Is there any data on the old laptop you need to save? Is that data in your family account yet? To clarify, can you see it when you sign in to your new family account on 1password.com? That should help me make sure I'm not skipping any steps here and that nothing gets screwed up along the way. :chuffed:

• srorourke47
    srorourke47
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - just now seeing your response. Not sure if this is a private conversation. The old laptop has the old vault in Dropbox that I don't need or use. I transitioned everything to OneDrive from Dropbox since moving to the new laptop. But I have also just recently moved/copied content from OneDrive to Google Drive, and I'm afraid that the copy on OneDrive may be what is syncing up with the cloud.

• srorourke47
    srorourke47
    Community Member
    Options

Hello?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@srorourke47:

Not sure if this is a private conversation.

This is not a private conversation. You are on a public forum, so everyone can read what you write.

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email in addition to your reply above. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

ref: GEH-74683-727

This discussion has been closed.