Remember me box

Hello,

When I open the mac app and press the button "open and fill" in a login, it open the website and fill it BUT it fill the box remember me and I don't want it! I have tryed to:

-Enter the website and uncheck the box before and after filling the data and saving the login.
-Enter manually the info of the login to the app.
-Triying to change the "show web form details". It's always de-selected (in all the previous options) but it doesn't change anything if I select/de-select it manually.

And I don't want my browser (firefox) to remember anything. Can someone help me?

P.D: I also have the 1passwod extension (the one that needs the mac app not 1passwordX).

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Coracao

Is the URL one you can share with us, so that we can check it in our setup?

• Coracao
    Coracao
    Community Member

Hello ag_tommy,

Yes

It seems that are the ones that is ckecked by their configuration.

Thank you!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Coracao
    Thanks for the links.

These websites check the "Remember Me" box by default, this is not 1Password's doing. You can click these links right now and the "Remember me" check box will be selected.
    I wasn't able to make 1Password uncheck it when autofilling so I asked our devs if this is even possible, because as far as I know 1Password can only check such boxes, but can't uncheck them. I'll let you know as soon as I have an answer.

• Coracao
    Coracao
    Community Member

Thank you! I hope that if not now it would be possible in the future.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Coracao:

We will see what we can do :+1: :)

• Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member

I have always made a habit of de-selecting "remember me" and updating the 1P record to record this setting. At some point last year it didn't make a difference. I thought at the time, and still think, it's related to a change in 1P. I never got around to reporting it and have just become accustomed to the behavior. It happens on most if not all websites I use.

UPDATE: Just tried with one of my work customer-facing test systems. Auto-fill checked the box. I de-selected it, re-saved the 1P record (New Login - Update existing record), then clicked auto-fill. "remember me" was checked again by 1P. I work for a SaaS company. It's unlikely we're defaulting this box as "checked" since this would be an insecure default. It's configurable on my test system and I have confirmed it's configured not to remember. Send me a PM and I'll send you the URL.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Piggy:

You are free to email the URL to us at support@1password.com so we can continue the conversation over there ;)

• Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member

Done.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Piggy:

Thank you! I confirm that we have received your email and I was able to locate it in our system. Someone will get back to you over there as soon as possible :+1:

ref: CDA-28235-965

This discussion has been closed.