Is it possible to choose any field in 1password, and use this information as input for the forms?

Options
hatoumt
hatoumt
Community Member

Example, for a bank account login, you have username and password, but also under the same login, you have a field for PIN. Would be great if 1password can have an option where users can pick any field and input into the web forms, instead of creating a new login just for the PIN.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:input

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hatoumt! Welcome to the forum!

Creating a new login just for the PIN is not necessary. You can create as many custom sections and custom fields as you wish, inside an existing Login item ;)

• hatoumt
    hatoumt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks ag_ana.

Yes, but let's say for example i am trying to login to my personal banking account. First you have to input the username and password which 1password can easily recognize and with one click it fill this information for you. But then, the site takes you to another page where let's say it requests your PIN. If the PIN is saved in a custom section/field under the same login, then 1password will not recognize the webform intended for PIN and will not offer to automatically input the PIN for you. For such situations, would be nice to quickly browse through the bank's login custom sections/fields and choose the PIN to input (I know you can just copy paste the PIN from the custom field; on PC is not a big deal, but for mobile, it is a great time saver if this can be implemented).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hatoumt:

It would depend on what type of PIN this is. If it's a One-Time Password, 1Password can already automatically fill it for you:

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

But if it is a regular PIN, you could try saving the login manually in the browser. It is possible that 1Password will be able to catch all the login fields, even if they are split on multiple pages.

But I agree that this would not work on mobile though.

• hatoumt
    hatoumt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana for your help. 1password is a powerful tool which i enjoy using and I'm sure it will continue growing with more features.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the kind words @hatoumt :)

This discussion has been closed.