AWS - AccountId populated with OTP Code

Comments

• immaginazione
    immaginazione
    Community Member

hi @littlebobbytables,
    I'm not sure if I'm having precisely the same issue as the other posters, but everything worked beautifully until a few days ago. Now it's sticking the MFA in the account field, in addition to correctly putting the username and password in. Is there some way to get it to stop putting MFA in the account field?

• bretc
    bretc
    Community Member

Running into this bug daily. Running 1P 7.3.2 macOS

• conspiracyx
    conspiracyx
    Community Member

I am having the same problem as @immaginazione

• 0mnius
    0mnius
    Community Member

I am having the same problem as @immaginazione @conspiracyx

• amblin
    amblin
    Community Member

Same issue as @immaginazione

• I have merged several similar topics. Please check this topic for information/updates.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

I have just resorted to removing the OTP code from the AWS entries I use until a fix is issued. None of the workarounds work for me. Before 1P, I used a Authenticator add-on in FF that generates codes right in the browser, so I don't have to get my phone out. Sure it is another copy/paste, but easier that typing my account ID or alias every time. Also, I turned off auto-submit because with that on, you don't even get the chance to type the account alias - it submits the form with the account = OTP, fails and clears the password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@njitman:

If you save an item manually in the browser as suggested above, does 1Password automatically create an account field for you in that section? 1Password for Mac allows you to edit the saved form details (even adding new ones), but 1Password for Windows cannot do it at the moment I think.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@unfor19:

Please wait for 1Password X 1.18.1 to be available for download, and install it. It already has a fix for this ;)

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

@ag_ana On Windows it creates a section called 'Saved on us-east-1.signin.aws.amazon.com' and in that section there is a text entry called 'Account ID (12 digits) or account alias'. The value for that text entry is the account alias for our AWS account. And that works to fill account, username and password - always did. Once I add the OTP code, either to that section or a separate section, the code overrides the account field. As I mentioned, the Show web form details just shows username and password at the bottom of the item and you can edit them. But the account field is not shown down there. The only reason I do not install 1PX is on Windows it it not integratred with 1P app settings and it forever is asking you for your password. On my MBP, not a problem, since I can silence the password request with my fingerprint. But typing in my very strong password what seems like several times each day with 1PX - productivity killer. Also, it is not practical to have regular 1P FF extension and 1PX running in FF at the same. FF Sync will push the changes to all of my platforms and browsers (FF and FF Dev), so I end up with two 1P extensions running. I suspect the issue is auto-fill order of operations - OTP fill should be last and it should not fill an already filled field. So, if account was able to fill first, OTP could not override it. Or, let OTP fill first and if there is a matching field, let it override it. Either method would work.

• macboy83
    macboy83
    Community Member

I'm having this issue daily also and see that 1Password X 1.18.1 is supposed to have a fix for it but the Chrome extension won't update and isn't updated to 1.18.1 in the Chrome web store.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@macboy83:

Version 1.18.1 was submitted to the Chrome extension store, but I think it takes a little bit for Google to approve the extension every time there is an update. Hopefully it should go through soon, and the good news is that 1Password X should automatically update for you as soon as the latest version becomes available :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@njitman:

I hear you, you make very valid points. We will get to the bottom of this :+1:

• immaginazione
    immaginazione
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

@ag_ana good to know that there are fixes in the works -- I'm using 1Password 7.4.3 and Safari (ie not 1Password X). Will there also be a fix here?

Also, to clarify, I've tried creating a new entry in the Mac app (not the web browser) but observe the behavior with the new entry.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@immaginazione:

Yes, we are working on a fix everywhere :)

• mongosmash
    mongosmash
    Community Member

A problem i'm seeing now is that Amazon has moved the MFA to a new screen. This was working before, but now on open and fill (or just fill), 1 Password is overwriting the account field with the MFA key. I have to go re-enter the account field, and then copy/paste the mfa key on the next screen. This is further complicated when you have multiple accounts. Anyone else seeing this?

Chome - 80.0.3987.149
    MacOS - 10.15.3 (19D76)
    1Pass - 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004)

• matamoris
    matamoris
    Community Member

Yep, same here.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mongosmash, @matamoris:

I have moved your comments to the ongoing thread about this issue, so we have everything in one place. Please check this discussion for all the information.

• mongosmash
    mongosmash
    Community Member

Ok Thanks. Where can I find this discussion?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mongosmash:

You are writing in it ;) So you can see everything that has been written until now by looking at the messages that have been posted before yours.

• ihor
    ihor
    Community Member

Same issue. Any ETA for the fix?

Mac OS 10.15.3
    Safari 13.0.5
    1Password 7.4.4

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020

Hey @ihor and everyone here who didn't manage to get things working by adding the "account" field.
    Here is what your AWS login item should look like in 1Password:

The "account" field (must be lowercase!) needs to be entered under the one-time passcode field.
    Please try that and see if it works for you then.

If you can't see the text in the image, download it to your computer and open it there where you can zoom in.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

Yeah, I have tried that setup numerous times - doesn't work for me. Not sure if it works on certain platforms and not others. What OS, browser and version of 1P are you using?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @njitman ,
    I tested this on Windows 10 and Mac OS 10.14.6 with Chrome and both 1Password extensions in their latest versions. 1Password 7 app on its latest beta but stable works the same. What is your setup? I'll try and make a video of my steps, perhaps that will help.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

The issue is with Firefox extension, which is what I use. Not 1PX just plain 1P FF extension.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

If you could install FF 74.0 or FF Dev 75.0 and give it a try, would be much appreciated.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020

Hey @njitman,
    I didn't remember if you're on Mac or Windows so I recorded on a Mac. Here's what I did on Firefox 74 with the regular companion extension: https://recordit.co/pMWQeTa259

On Windows I noticed that the "account" field needs to be changed from a "text" field to an "email" field for this to work in Firefox for some reason:

I hope this will be the missing step that will get things working for you.

• njitman
    njitman
    Community Member

Yes - success! Works on Windows 10 and Mac. Changing to 'text' to 'email' field was the key.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Very good news indeed @njitman !
    I'm glad your AWS login works properly in your Firefox now. :chuffed:

• amcdaniel8
    amcdaniel8
    Community Member

awesome! changing the account field type to 'email' worked for me too.
    Windows 10
    Firefox 74

This discussion has been closed.