I cannot get 1P to respond properly for mu Macchiato's and iOS devices.

Options
samdben
samdben
Community Member

1) I tried to follow all of the instructions to set up a family 1P account. However, I found the process steps disconnected and confusing. 2) Under "getting started" on the Mac (OS10.14.6), I see the message "1Password is installed and turned on in your browser." I've loaded 1P on all of the IOS13.3.1 devices. 3) When logged in on Mac, under "family profile" I find: references to my Mac and OS, references for my iPhone and Safari iOS13. I cannot see any references to my wife's iPad Pro or iPhone, 4) I also find there is a duplicate account under my email address which I did not intend to create. I think it probably got created when I scanned the QR code, in all of the confusion, on the same date as the original account creation. One is titled 1Password Account ("my actual email address") and the other is titled 1Password Account ("my name" Family). Should I get rid of one of them? How?

Thanks for you help!

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Osx10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• samdben
    samdben
    Community Member
    Options

Tat was supposed to be labelled ........My Mac and iOs Devices.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @samdben! Welcome to the forum!

3) When logged in on Mac, under "family profile" I find: references to my Mac and OS, references for my iPhone and Safari iOS13. I cannot see any references to my wife's iPad Pro or iPhone,

Can you please post screenshots of this, so we can understand what you are referring to? Thank you!

Should I get rid of one of them? How?

Yes, you should only keep the account that you want to use moving forward. That is the Families account, correct?

• samdben
    samdben
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Here is the "family profile."

Sent the unwanted account to the trash.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2020
    Options

@samdben

I removed the screenshot as it contained some data you would likely want to keep private. Can you perhaps, rephrase the answer or post a screenshot that does not contain sensitive data? * Please remember this is a public forum.

The section you referenced shows linked devices to your account. This would not contain linked devices from the account of your wife. You each would have an account under the Family Account. You each will need separate 'profiles' if you will, aka Accounts under the Family Account umbrella.

This discussion has been closed.