Can't migrate data from 1Password 7 to 1Password.com account.

I've opened a 1Password.com account and successfully updated from 1Password Ver. 4 to 1Password 7. I've removed Ver. 4 through Control Panel.
My problem is I can't migrate my data from 1Password 7 to my 1Password.com account. I followed the initial instructions, i.e from my 1Password.com account > Get the Apps > Add your account directly -- with no luck. I then tried from my 1Password 7 -- with no luck. And when I go to Accounts (in 1Password 7) I see I'm "Subscribed" and it is syncing.
FYI, although I removed 1Password 4, I have the Backup folder with "agilekeychain_zip files".
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.758
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:migrating data from 1password 7 to 1password.com

Comments

• Have you added your data to 1Password 7 at all, @Roger_B? 1Password 7 can't migrate your data from 1Password 4. You need to first open your 1Password 4 vault in 1Password 7. I'd love if we could have a direct transfer there, but since folks can save 1Password 4 data virtually anywhere, we'd need to ask for way too much access to your PC just to be able to search for 1Password vaults and while it means making things a bit clunkier not to do that, we feel like the privacy implications of digging around your whole machine would be too much to justify the smoother transition. If you did add your data to 1Password 7 or you're able to see all of your data in your account on the web, stop here and let me know. If you never did add your data to 1Password 7, you can import it directly:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7.
    2. Choose 1Password > Import.
    3. Click "Agile Keychain or OPvault folder" then click "Select a folder".
    4. In Explorer, navigate to your vault folder. This will a folder called something similar to 1Password.agilekeychain and will either be in a local folder on your PC or in your Dropbox folder if you use Dropbox as your sync service. Select that folder, then click "Select folder".
    5. Enter your vault password where indicated. This is the Master Password you used to unlock 1Password 4.

Let 1Password do its thing and everything should import and sync up. :+1:

• Roger_B
    Roger_B
    Community Member

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
    I did successfully add my data from 1Password 4 to 1 Password 7. But I can't seem to get that data over to my 1Password.com account.

• I actually saw some chatter in our issue tracker about the migration window not appearing under certain circumstances, @Roger_B, so you may be running into a bug we're working on. I'll do some digging to make sure. In the meantime, I would still go the import route I described before. Again, assuming no data in your account yet. This does a better job of maintaining things like links between items and their attachments than moving manually does.

After you've imported you'll need to remove your standalone vault to get rid of dupes. To do that:

1. Press Ctrl + D.
    2. Hover over the vault listed under "On this PC", then click ... > Remove vault.

Yep, that quick. From there, you should be set, but any lingering troubles or questions along the way, just let me know. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.