7.5.BETA-0: Asking to save every website as a new login

Lorraine_
Lorraine_
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

For about the past 3 wks, I've been getting the 1PW popup asking to save a new login for every website I log into. This is really annoying, as I have to manually dismiss these popups. I don't remember this happening previously -- is this something new added to the Beta? If so, please revert back to the previous behavior (i.e., only asking to remember NEW logins).

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5.BETA-0 (70500000)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: WLAN + Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:7.5.BETA-0: Asking to save every website as a new login

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lorraine_!

I am not aware of any change that would cause this. Can you give us an example of a website where this is happening for you?

• Lorraine_
    Lorraine_
    Community Member

Every website I log onto: DirecTV.com, ups.com, ATT.com, are some examples.

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2020

@Lorraine_

It sounds as if the browser autosave is enabled. Can you provide a screenshot of one of these attempts, and perhaps we can help solve/diagnose the problem? If it is the Browser attempting to save the details and not 1Password, this should help you to disable it. https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

• Lorraine_
    Lorraine_
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

I've been a 1PW Beta user since 1PW started, so am very familiar with it.
    It's definitely 1PW asking:

• Thanks @Lorraine_. Of course you're absolutely right: that is 1Password popping up, but it can do so erroneously if the browser's built-in password manager is enabled. Could you please double check that is not the case?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.