To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Add Categories

thoehn
thoehn
Community Member

I just purchased a personal account and am loading data into it. How do I add additional categories. Your starter kit has way too few of them?
Tom

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@thoehn: The Starter Kit is just default items to, well...get you started. It doesn't mean you're limited to those categories. If you click the + you can create a new item in any of 1Password's categories. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• thoehn
    thoehn
    Community Member

Brenty, thank you for your reply. Now I am more confused than ever. I read your reply very carefully and what I interpret your reply to say is if you click on the + I can create another item within one of the start kit categories. I want to create more categories. I know how to create more items within a category but I do not know how to create additional categories. When I am in my account the + only allows me to create items within a category. Can you clarify how to create more categories? I know the + does not create categories. thank you. tom

• Ah, sorry for the confusion. It isn’t possible to create new categories. The categories in 1Password are pre-defined.

Ben

• Tim_Heitman
    Tim_Heitman
    Community Member

You ought to have at least a "Brokerage" category or "Finance"; "Bank" is too narrow.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion. My bank is also a brokerage firm though, and they all use the same system (routing, IBAN, etc.) so I'm not sure of the value of the distinction. Really it ends up being pretty subjective, so we're unlikely to add additional categories -- especially ones that are essentially the same as another just with a different name/icon. But you can customize any item in 1Password with an icon of your choosing and add additional fields for your personal use, without us changing how 1Password works for everyone else. Cheers! :)

• at249129
    at249129
    Community Member

No Insurance category? Really?

• Really. :) You can certainly store your insurance information in 1Password though. This blog post may help:

Secure all the things in Secure Notes | 1Password

Ben

This discussion has been closed.