To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trial personal account and family subscription use same email now frozen

hleighton
hleighton
Community Member
edited March 2020 in Memberships

I started a trial personal account and later subscribed to a family plan using the same email for both. The trial has expired and the account email is frozen. I think all the vaults I've created are under the family account. How do I unfreeze the email account and get rid of the trial account?
Thanks, H

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:personal trial account frozen family subscription

Comments

• Hi @hleighton,

Each membership is billed separately regardless of what email address is associated with them. If your intention is to keep your account within your family membership and delete the separate individual membership then you'd want to copy any information in the individual membership to the family account (if not already there), and then delete the individual membership:

I hope that helps!

Ben

• hleighton
    hleighton
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben.
    Yes, my intention is to retain the family membership. I checked the online version of 1Password and the personal profile is, indeed, gone. How can I delete the personal account/profile from the MacOS and iOS apps? I saw a response to a similar question that suggested the only viable method is to delete the app and its local data and reinstall. Is that really the only solution?

Hugh

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hleighton:

You should be able to see a Sign Out button in the 1Password app under 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab in 1Password for Mac, and under Settings > 1Password Accounts on iOS, after selecting the correct account ;)

• hleighton
    hleighton
    Community Member

Thanks, ag_ana. I don't see a Sign Out button on the 1Password for Mac> Preferences>Account tab: . I don't have the problem on iOS devices since I never set up the personal accounts on them, only the family account.

It doesn't seem to affect the functionality of family account. More of annoyance having the account present but locked.

• Sorry @hleighton. On Mac it is that - button next to the + at the bottom left of your screenshot.

Ben

• hleighton
    hleighton
    Community Member

Thanks, @Ben. That did the trick. I'm still getting used to Mac style of handling UI. I thought I must be missing something obvious.
    Thanks. Again. Issue resolved.
    Hugh

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome

This discussion has been closed.