To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need to revert to 1Password6 after trial of 1Password7

r4ffles
r4ffles
Community Member

Hi, first of all, having to create another account just to access the support forum when I already have a 1Password account is annoying, why on earth can't you link existing account info so we can just use that to login to support?

My issue is that I have decided NOT to upgrade at the moment as I don't like the subscription option and I now want to revert to 1Password6 which I paid for in full, however I can't find a way to move my vault from 1Password7, which I have been using for 1 month and my data has been updated during that time, back to 1Password6. I trust there is a way to do this and I just haven't been able to find it otherwise it would mean that you are effectively trying to force customers to continue with the upgrade to 1Password7 or lose all their changes from the past month.

1Password Version: 6&7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @r4ffles! Welcome to the forum!

Hi, first of all, having to create another account just to access the support forum when I already have a 1Password account is annoying, why on earth can't you link existing account info so we can just use that to login to support?

For security reasons, your 1Password account and forum account are completely separate, and will remain so. In addition to this, not everyone wants an account on the forum, so it would not be right to give it to everyone.

My issue is that I have decided NOT to upgrade at the moment as I don't like the subscription option

If you do not like the subscription option, have you considered purchasing a license for 1Password 7 instead?

and I now want to revert to 1Password6 which I paid for in full, however I can't find a way to move my vault from 1Password7, which I have been using for 1 month and my data has been updated during that time, back to 1Password6.

Where is your data currently stored?

• r4ffles
    r4ffles
    Community Member

HI, thanks for the response. I understand now the reason for a separate account, however to avoid your customers trying to sign in with your 1password account multiple times as I did, which was frustrating, you might then want to highlight the fact that the support account is different to your 1password account. Just a thought.

I had not though to buy the 1Password7 app outright because it is just for the app and I would also need to buy the IOS version which I have also paid for with 1password6.

My 1Password7 data is currently stored on the 1Password.com account I believe as I don't have a local copy.

I tried to make a local copy by ticking the option in settings but it just mad e a blank new vault on my MacPro.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@r4ffles:

I had not though to buy the 1Password7 app outright because it is just for the app and I would also need to buy the IOS version which I have also paid for with 1password6.

1Password for iOS version 7 was a free upgrade to everyone, so you would not need to purchase it ;)

My 1Password7 data is currently stored on the 1Password.com account I believe as I don't have a local copy.
    I tried to make a local copy by ticking the option in settings but it just mad e a blank new vault on my MacPro.

In that case, please move the data from your 1Password account to your new local vault if you want to go back to the standalone option of storing data.

• r4ffles
    r4ffles
    Community Member

Folowed the link to Move the Data and that just shows you how to move or copy to another 1Password.com vault and not to a local vault. I then tried to copy from my primary vault on 1Password app and it will not let me move or copy the data to the local vault. So my question is how do I get my Primary Vault Data stored on 1Password.com and in my iCloud onto my Local Vault?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@r4ffles:

If a local vault exists in your app, as you confirmed previously, the move and copy menu will work with that too.

will not let me movec

Can you elaborate on this? What happens exactly when you try to move or copy the data to the local vault?

I have just tested this in my 1Password app, and I was able to move data to a local vault using the instructions that I shared with you.

• r4ffles
    r4ffles
    Community Member

Doesn't work, the vaults are greyed out so doesn't let me select the local vault. I am guessing this is because my trial has ended and the app says that the account is locked.

• @r4ffles

When a membership is frozen you cannot modify the data within it. So, "move" would be unavailable, because that would modify the data. "Copy" should be available though. Can you please confirm? You may need to do this one vault at a time, rather than using the "All Vaults" view.

Ben

• r4ffles
    r4ffles
    Community Member

No, all options are greyed out, won't let me copy.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@r4ffles:

Please upload a screenshot of the greyed out menu. Make sure you remove any private information from the image before you post it here on the forum. Thank you!

• r4ffles
    r4ffles
    Community Member

Here is the screenshot

• @r4ffles

I think I see the problem. It appears you have some items from the Documents category selected. Personal is greyed out as an option because that is where the items already are, and Primary is greyed out because you have Documents selected and standalone vaults don't support Documents. Can you please try the same operation without the Documents?

Ben

• r4ffles
    r4ffles
    Community Member

I selected just the 3 items under Z and tried to move them but still the same just greyed out.

• Right; moving won't be available if the account is frozen, but copying should. If you're still having trouble I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112126/need-to-revert-to-1password6-after-trial-of-1password7#latest
    • Your forum username: r4ffles

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• r4ffles
    r4ffles
    Community Member

HI, the link to the Troubleshooting zip file doesn't resolve, it just hangs

• r4ffles
    r4ffles
    Community Member

Have given up trying to copy the data and have manually had to go through each of the 200+ items and manually make any changes, was actually 10 times quicker than waiting for a solution from support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @r4ffles! I am glad to hear that you have managed to get things working already.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.