Importing .agilekeychain into new 1p 7 subscription, getting errors.

mickilo
mickilo
Community Member

Hi,

I have old 1password backup ending in .agilekeychain trying to import into paid 1password licensed account.
I am going to import / 1Password Keychain / .... but keep getting the error:

Could Not Find Personal Vault
Your 1Password account does not appear to contain a Personal vault into which 1Password can import your information.

I have tried selecting various different target vaults, both in the 1password cloud, iCloud and On My Mac... all the same issue.

I have tried this on my main account and also totally new fresh subscription I setup to try on different computer.

Cheers,

Mick

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Local
Referrer: forum-search:.agilekeychain

Comments

• Hi @mickilo

I went through this procedure to be sure something wasn't fundamentally broken and I was able to successfully import an Agile Keychain into a vault within my membership account. So, let's see what is different about your setup than mine, or if by following the same steps I did you're able to get this to work.

1. I created a new "test import" vault within my account by selecting File > New Vault > and then selecting my account
    2. I used the File > Import menu and selected 1Password Keychain under "Where is your data coming from?" and my test import vault under "Import into:"
    3. I clicked the "Choose File..." button and then did a search for my Agile Keychain in the resulting window. I clicked on it to select it, and then clicked Open
    4. When prompted I put in the Master Password for the Agile Keychain I was importing and then clicked Continue Import
    5. Lastly I selected View Imported Items after the import completed

Please let me know if you're able to follow these steps, or if not which step you get hung up on. Thanks!

Ben

• mickilo
    mickilo
    Community Member

Ben,
    Thanks for the help, and yes I have tried exactly that but I get an error, see attached.

Cheers,

Mick

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mickilo:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you login to your 1Password account in a browser on 1Password.com, do you see your Personal vault there?

• mickilo
    mickilo
    Community Member

Yes I can. See attached!

Cheers,

Mick

• Thanks @mickilo. It appears from the screenshot that vault has quite a bit in it. Does it contain all of your items? I'm wondering if perhaps the error is being presented erroneously, but the import is actually completing.

Ben

• mickilo
    mickilo
    Community Member

Ben,

thanks mate - the .agilekeychain I am trying to import only has 79 items and I have tried to import that into a clean Personal vault. When I tried to import it clearly fails does not import anything. See attached screenshots.

Mick

• Thanks @mickilo. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/553702/#Comment_553702
    • Your forum username: mickilo

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• mickilo
    mickilo
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks for this, but just FYI I have already done this and send email through to your support team several days ago. I seems to be going around in circles, but thanks I will send again now I am in your capable hands. :)

Support ID: [#BYD-94191-469]

Cheers,

Mick

• Thanks @mickilo. We've received your message with support ID BYD-94191-469. That's the first email I'm seeing in our system from you. Did you get a support ID for the previous one?

Ben

ref: BYD-94191-469

This discussion has been closed.