Hello, I can't open 1Password on my iPad.

Options
Lygio
Lygio
Community Member

Hello, Just as this morning I can't open 1Password on my iPad. 1Password isn't offering me the option to open it with my finger print and when I type the password it tells me it is incorrect. I am 100% I am typing the correct password and can confirm that since I a able to open 1Password on my laptop. I have restarted the iPad a few times to no avail. Any advise? Should I erase 1Password app on the iPad and reinstalled it? I have 5th generation, model MP2F2LL/A, IOS 13.3.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not opening on iPad

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Lygio

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the situation. It is entirely possible to have a different Master Password on your laptop vs your iPad, which may be the source of the difficulty here. Could you please check for me:

1. Are you able to sign in at https://my.1password.com in a web browser?
    2. On the laptop do you have a vault in 1Password called "Primary"?

Thank you.

Ben

• Lygio
    Lygio
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, Yes I just logged in online. I have one password for Laptop, iPad and iPhone. On my laptop I have only one Vault called Personal and my name. In the mean time I have updated the iPad to iPadOS 13.4 but it didn't fix the problem.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Lygio. In that case I would suggest the best course of action would be an uninstall and reinstall of 1Password for iOS on that iPad. My suspicion is that the iPad likely has a Primary vault on it, and that vault has a different Master Password than your 1Password account. Uninstalling the app will remove that vault, and then you'll be able to log in using your account credentials once you reinstall.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Lygio
    Lygio
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thank you that worked. I am not aware of having ever created a second Vault but given that now woks again is all I need to know. really appreciate your help and the app, can't imagine how could I managed without! Giovanni

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Lygio. To be fair, my suspicion was just a guess, but that is the most common cause of problems like this one. In any event, I'm glad to hear that resolved the problem. :) Thanks so much for the kind words. Stay safe out there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.