MAC Read Only

delbwhite
delbwhite
Community Member

I'm really confused... I upgraded and purchased a subscription. I have the email that shows... 1Password (Annual) for 1 user

However, the MAC says read only.

I assume it's one use but multiple devices and that's why it won't sync.

1 How do I get it out of read only

2 How do I clear out the mac 1password and have it sync with my IPAD?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @delbwhite! Welcome to the forum!

1 How do I get it out of read only

To activate the 1Password app, please add your 1Password account to the app.

2 How do I clear out the mac 1password and have it sync with my IPAD?

If you do this on all your devices, you will also be able to keep your devices in sync. Can you please clarify what you mean by "clear out the Mac 1Password" though?

• delbwhite
    delbwhite
    Community Member

1 To activate the 1Password app, please add your 1Password account to the app.. This is where I get stuck. I don't have a scan code nor do I know the secret password.

2 What I mean is erase all passwords on the MAC and sync with the IPAD. Somehow I had a ton of duplicates and I removed them manually on the IPAD (since the MAC was in read only). I didn't want to have to remove them manually agin after I get it out of read only.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@delbwhite - When you look in your devices, how many vaults do you have, and what are their names? You can find this in 1Password for Mac by clicking 1Password > Preferences > Vaults, and in 1Password for iOS by tapping Settings > Vaults. Are they the same? Or do you have different vaults on different devices?

• Kathy
    Kathy
    Community Member

I upgraded on my iMAC standalone from vs 6 to 7. Now, 1PW is read only. Browser extensions don't work either. I don't see the license #.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Kathy! I'm sorry for the confusion. That will be because you haven't purchased a license for 1Password 7 for Mac. As an entirely new version, 1Password 7 for Mac requires either a 1password.com account membership, or the purchase of a new license for the new version. Did you download version 7 from the Mac App Store?

• Kathy
    Kathy
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

I just purchased 1password 7 for Mac directly via 1 Password website. For the download it says, download Katherine Duffy-mac.onepassword7-license-mac. Cost $54.11 with a $15 discount. I clicked on the link that came with the purchase (ie, from the 1Password website). Thanks for your help.

• Kathy
    Kathy
    Community Member

I rebooted and reinstalled 1PW7 and the license now shows up. Also, I finally got the extensions to work. Thanks for reaching out.

• On behalf of Lars, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.