Menu bar suggestion/enhancement

hxgrp
hxgrp
Community Member

This is a very "first-world problems" complaint, but it sure takes a lot of clicks to move an entry to the trash from the macOS menu bar. I personally would love if there could be a "Move to Trash" button (or trashcan icon button) in the popover view, maybe down by the edit and pin-on-screen buttons. But if there's a concern about it being too easy to accidentally trash items from the popover, or if there's some sort of security/encryption issue, then I would suggest moving the "Move to Trash" button from the very bottom of the editor window to the title bar with the Cancel and Save buttons. Failing that, maybe you could make the editor window remember what size it's set to; then I could resize it vertically to where the Move To Trash button is always visible, eliminating the need to scroll to the bottom of the view.

1Password Version: 7.5-BETA-0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @hxgrp

There are a number of ways you can move items in 1Password to the trash without having to go through the menu bar. You can also move an item to the trash in 1Password for Mac by:

• Right clicking on the item, and selecting Move to Trash
    • Dragging the item from the item list to the Trash in the sidebar
    • Selecting the item, tapping the backspace key, and then tap enter/return or click "Move to Trash" to confirm

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• hxgrp
    hxgrp
    Community Member

Ah, you misunderstand: I want to go through the menu bar. I don't want to have to keep the 1password application open taking up dock space. A user who wishes to delete an item from the menu bar has to go through a few hoops.

• I see; thanks. 1Password Mini's primary purpose is giving quick access to items that can be filled into websites. We have over time expanded it such that it can accommodate some additional uses, but deleting items isn't very high on the list of priorities for its functionality. I can certainly mention the idea to the team to see how they feel about adding additional thought to that use case, however I am afraid the more we keep piling on Mini the less mini it will be. :) We can do some brainstorming though. Thanks for taking the time to bring up the suggestion.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.