Feature Request: 1password Mini

Options
rkeilin
rkeilin
Community Member

While there are a lot of improvements in 1password 7, I find 1password Mini to be more difficult to use. In prior versions, Mini was able to show multiple options. As I recall from past usage, Mini would show "Suggestions" at the top, and then show all other categories below via submenus. I also seem to recall that you could choose to have individual components of a category - such as Favorites - appear in the menu, as opposed to accessing them via a submenu. I'm attaching a screenshot I found online, as I don't have access to 1password 6 anymore.

In the prior version of Mini, I could see everything I wanted in the main menu and quickly navigate to what I want. In today's Mini, if I set preferences to show "Suggestions", I cannot see "Favorites." And vice versa. If I want to see something other than what is set in preferences, I have to physically click to get a submenu, and click again to bring up another category.

I've tried several options in preferences, but I can't find a way to get any other behavior from Mini. What I would like to see from Mini is an option to see "Suggestions" at the top, with "Favorites" below, just like the picture above. Also, if we could access categories, such as Notes and Credit Cards available via submenu (without the need to click anything), that would be even better.

Just some thoughts to pass on. Thanks for listening.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

What I would like to see from Mini is an option to see "Suggestions" at the top, with "Favorites" below, just like the picture above. Also, if we could access categories, such as Notes and Credit Cards available via submenu (without the need to click anything), that would be even better.

Just some thoughts to pass on. Thanks for listening.

Thoughts passed on; thanks @rkeilin. As with any re-design I suppose there are going to be people who preferred it the way it was. :) Maybe there is room for the best of both worlds, though. I've made mention of it to the team and we'll do some brainstorming.

Ben

• Pato77
    Pato77
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Here a +1 for the 1Password mini 6 layout.

I'm also a favorite user of 1Password and a long user of 1Password 6. I really liked the 1Password mini from 1Password 6.
    Now with 1Password 7, the same issue as rkeilin. Would really see 1Password change it back the way is was of find a better solution for mini they way it is at the moment.

Let's hope it'll be re-designed soon.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Pato77

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here. I can say with some confidence that we won't be going back to 1Password 6, but hopefully future designs will be more to your liking. Our 1Password X browser extension contains our latest thoughts on "mini," so you can get an idea of where we're likely to be headed by taking a look at that:

Get to know 1Password X

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.