To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

syncing between iMac and Macbook

PPP
PPP
Community Member

i updated from 1PW 6 to 7 on my iMac first. it says I'm running the latest version and that appears to be 7.3.2

after I upgraded from 6 to 7 on my MacBook Pro just now, it also says I'm running the latest version but that is 7.4.3!

my main issue, however, is the fact that I want to sync my vault and there is no SYNC icon/option in the preference panel of version 7.3.2

pls advs

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: that's the problem!

Comments

• Hi @PPP

v7.4.3 is currently the latest version. There was a bug in the updater in v7.3.2 that has prevented newer versions from being installed. We plan to address that soon by pushing out a notification through the updater, indicating the latest version must be manually installed. Once that has been done future updates will work automatically. You can find the latest version here:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

my main issue, however, is the fact that I want to sync my vault and there is no SYNC icon/option in the preference panel of version 7.3.2

Do you have a 1Password membership? If so you wouldn't have a sync tab in the preferences. Instead you would simply sign into the same 1Password membership account on both devices:

Get the 1Password apps

If you have a "Primary" vault on one of the devices, that may be holding you back. Please let me know if that is the case.

Ben

• PPP
    PPP
    Community Member

hi Ben. that is the case. I do have a membership. but my two versions of 1password were out of sync. I didn't know that I could use 1password version 7 on multiple computers. so should I just remove my "primary" vault?

• You can use 1Password on any of your compatible devices with a membership. :) I would recommend removing the Primary vault, but first please make sure to move any data that is in there, which isn't already in another vault, out. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.