1Password for Windows Vault is Empty

I’m curious if anyone can tell me why my 1Password for Windows (1PW) desktop app (v7.4.759) dumped all my vaults, login, notes, etc.? Or if this has happened to others?

I signed into my 1PW desktop app. After a short period in the account, the screen flash briefly. When the 1PW app reappeared, everything in the 1PW desktop app account had disappeared. The account was just wiped completely empty of entires.

If I close 1PW and reopen the app, I’m not prompted for a password. The app opens to an empty 1PW All Vaults account page. There’s no license information or user account information.

I assume at this point I could sign into my account (1Password menu bar Account > Sign in to another account > and add my account credentials), then 1PW would repopulated from my.1password.com account.

I’ve already check my.1password.com using other methods (e.g., MacBook app, iPhone app, 1PX app, etc.) and all my vault(s) information is in my account.

Like I said, just curious what may have caused the problem and if others had similar experiences?

1Password Version: 7.4.759
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @steve12!

This is a known issue that has already been fixed in the latest beta version of 1Password for Windows. Can you try installing the latest beta and seeing if that solves the issue for you too?

To enable beta updates in 1Password for Windows, choose 1Password > Settings > Update. Enable the include beta builds option and you should be prompted to install the beta.

This discussion has been closed.