1Password X for Chrome auto-locks despite autolocking being turned off

My 1Password for Chrome extension autolocks after approximately 20 minutes despite being configured to not auto lock at all. It autolocks after laptop goes to sleep, it auto locks when I lock my windows account. It basically ignores the setting. It's kind of really annoying because I have a fairly long (secure) vault password.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for reporting this to us, @anthonybsd! Does Chrome get closed at any point, or does Chrome remain open when you lock your computer?

In addition to that, what version of Chrome are you running? I want to make sure my testing environment matches your as best as possible.

• anthonybsd
    anthonybsd
    Community Member

Hmm, excellent point. I haven't actually paid attention to whether or not Chrome was open or closed throughout all this time. I'll observe.

Background: I'm used to using previous version of extensions which calls upon main 1Password app install. I guess 1Password X is its own animal. Hmm...

• anthonybsd
    anthonybsd
    Community Member

Please disregard. I've just switched to using the old-style Chrome extension, the one that calls upon the main Windows app. Will see how that goes.

• Thanks for the update @anthonybsd

Please do let us know how it goes.

• MikeStackhouse
    MikeStackhouse
    Community Member

I am having this symptom, and I am using the Chrome extension that calls upon the Windows app. 1Password locks after reboot.

Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MikeStackhouse:

1Password locks after reboot.

1Password will always lock after a reboot, so what you are seeing is normal behavior.

This discussion has been closed.