Master password 'clue' no longer appearing when you type the password in incorrectly. Why?

snowflakebunny23
snowflakebunny23
Community Member

My password is based on a collection of elements from other completely random passwords - every one is unique but should be memorable to me if I have the 'clue'. I rarely type in my Password on my iPhone because it uses face ID. When I do, I inevitably get it wrong because I'm not using a password manager...but...after the (usually) second incorrect attempt, it provided a password clue/prompt. For some reason, the password clue is no longer appearing. I have now incorrectly entered the password a dozen times to no avail. Without this clue, I'm stuck. My recovery key is on another computer which I don't have access to thanks to the lockdown and a house move.

I have recently upgraded from an individual account to a family account. Could this be causing it? Unfortunately the family account isn't completely set up yet and I haven't given my husband 'admin' rights to reset mine on my behalf :-( Any help would be appreciated as every password I have is currently inaccessible.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password clue disappeared

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @snowflakebunny23! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EAM-33892-933

This discussion has been closed.