To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account

bsmith9270
bsmith9270
Community Member

I had a free account for at least 15 years, then I went to a paid account thinking I would take advantage or need the features it offers. I don’t need or use these advanced features. If I don’t renew account, will I go back to the free account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bsmith9270

We don't offer such a thing as a "free account." If you stop paying for your membership your account would become frozen. You can read more about what that means here:

If your 1Password account is frozen

We do offer different tiers of membership, starting with an individual membership. If you'd like to discuss the options I'd suggest reaching out to our team at support@1password.com with your thoughts, and we can work with you from there.

Thanks!

Ben

• bsmith9270
    bsmith9270
    Community Member

Well I had a free account until I signed up for 3.99 a few months ago. I do like 1Password but I will look into other alternatives

• bsmith9270
    bsmith9270
    Community Member

Should have left well enough alone

• Sorry to hear that @bsmith9270. I'm not sure how a free account would've been possible; as I say we don't offer such a thing. If you change your mind or have any further questions we'll be here to help.

Ben

• bsmith9270
    bsmith9270
    Community Member

Had the account since the VERY beginning when it was free

• @bsmith9270

I would encourage you to reach out to our team at support@1password.com via email for further assistance. We may be able to work something out, but as I say we don't offer accounts for free.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.