Groups and user syncing with Azure Active Directory

Glennzo
Glennzo
Community Member

We are setting up 1Password to provision with out Azure AD. However, we are wondering the following: Is it possible to sync all groups, but not their users, unless they are in a '1password-account' group as well? This because we have loads of users in usergroups, and not all need to have a 1password account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@Glennzo Hmm, I think this might be possible.

The dropdown to choose which users to sync should allow you to select a group of users to sync, and then the dropdown to select which groups to sync can be set to "all". I believe that would have the behavior you're looking for.

• Glennzo
    Glennzo
    Community Member

@cohix What do you mean with the dropdown? On AAD i can only select Users & Groups, and it syncs all users and groups that are selected (even the users in those groups)

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@Glennzo Ah yes you're right, I was misremembering what the options are there.

In that case, I don't believe Azure can do what you're looking to do. Okta for example, has two seperate functions: Group-based assignments, and Push groups. The former allows you to add users from particular groups to 1Password, and the latter allows you to put the assigned users into groups synced from Okta, but I don't think Azure has that distinction.

This discussion has been closed.