After Manual Update, I can't find or install Opera Extension

Options
happy1passworduser
happy1passworduser
Community Member

Where is the link to install the Opera extension? Elsewhere the forum says to visit the Chrome store, it doesn't allow me to allow install it in Opera.

1Password Version: 7.43
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X latest
Sync Type: File system

Comments

• @happy1passworduser

You should be prompted to install the "Install Chrome Extensions" by Opera Software. That will allow you to install the Chrome version of the extension.

• happy1passworduser
    happy1passworduser
    Community Member
    Options

Tommy, can you share the steps? I don't see anything like that. Is there a link to start at? Is that prompt in 1Password or Opera? When I go to Chrome, I don't see anything like that.

• happy1passworduser
    happy1passworduser
    Community Member
    Options

Still broken.

1. I found the "Install Chrome Extensions" by Opera Software page https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/install-chrome-extensions/

I installed that plugin from Opera

1. Then I went to Google Chrome store for the Opera Extension and installed that from Opera
      https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

2. Now the 1password icon is just flashing in opera ... it goes disable flashes enabled goes disabled flashes disabled. I quit opera and reloaded. Still doesn't work still flashing.

This is all really messed up. Why not include Opera native extension in the build process?

How can I fix it?

• happy1passworduser
    happy1passworduser
    Community Member
    Options

Restarting the Mac fixed this on Opera.

I hope that's not regularly necessary. It's very odd.

• Ben
    Options

An occasional reboot may be required, though I wouldn't describe it as "regularly necessary." :) Thanks for the update. I see you also emailed us about this issue. As we've now resolved it here, I've closed that ticket. Thanks!

Ben

• natalixia
    natalixia
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for this thread. I couldn't find install 1Password in Opera extension, but it is solved thanks to above conversation. Cheers!

• ag_tommy
    Options

On behalf of Ben your welcome.

• harrismix
    harrismix
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am using Opera, I installed the Chrome extension but the login is for the subscription version of 1password? I have it installed on my Mac, so can you please tell me how to use 1password with Opera and why this is such an incredibly difficult process? It was very hard to find any mention of 1password for Opera anywhere - Thanks Simon

• Ben
    Options

Hi @harrismix

We don't have any explicit support for Opera, though you may be able to use our Chrome extension with it, as Opera is currently using the same extension framework as Chrome.

Ben

• harrismix
    harrismix
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I have installed the Chrome extension on Opera but then it asks me for an email and secret key - is this just for the subscription version? I have the standalone version on my Mac that stores the vault using Dropbox . . . .

• Ben
    Options

The 1Password X Chrome extension will only work with a membership - it won't work with vaults stored in Dropbox. The companion extension should in theory work in Opera with your setup:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

Ben

• harrismix
    harrismix
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, 1Password extension works with vaults/dropbox in Chrome, the passwords work, it shows the backups and dropbox etc . . . . . but not in Opera even though the extension is installed, the 1Password browser extension icon is there at the top in Opera, if I hover the mouse it even says '1password has access to this site' but if I click the button it goes to a web page with a sign-in button, if I click the button it goes to another page with the 1password subscription account login (no option to just access my local vault version) . . . so I wonder why the vault version works OK in Chrome browser but the same extension in Opera only allows to go to the subscription?

• Ben
    Options

@harrismix

To confirm: you do not have 1Password X installed in Opera, and instead only have the companion extension I linked above?

Ben

• harrismix
    harrismix
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben! I must have had the wrong extension installed (the subscription one) - I didn't realize there are two, I uninstalled it and installed the one on the link you provided and it works now - much appreciated! :)

• @harrismix

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome. Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.