How do I import 1Password.legacyagilekeychain?

I have been using 1Password 4 on Windows and the 1Password Android app. The 1Password Android app tricked me into updating to the new format of the keychain, and 1Password 4 can't read it anymore. I have just signed up for the personal 1Password and installed the latest Windows version. It appears that all of my passwords are in my Dropbox folder Dropbox\Apps\1Password.legacyagilekeychain, but the new Windows app does not have a way to import them. How can I import them?

1Password Version: 7.4.759
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how do I import 1Password.legacyagilekeychain?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @VanceG,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry to hear you bumped into the difficulties with 1Password on different platforms. To work around this issue, please try to do the following now:

1) Open your Dropbox\Apps\ folder and make a copy of your 1Password.legacyagilekeychain file. This will act as a backup file.

2) Rename the original 1Password.legacyagilekeychain file to 1Password.agilekeychain and save it.

After that:

3) Open and unlock 1Password 7 app on your PC.

4) Go to 1Password > Import.

5) Select Agile Keychain or OPVault folder option and find your vault here: ~Dropbox\Apps\1Password.agilekeychain

6) Enter the Master Password for that vault, select your Personal vault as the vault your data will be imported into and click Import.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• VanceG
    VanceG
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your help, but I'm still not there.

The C:\Users\Owner\Dropbox\Apps\1Password folder contains 3 folders. They are named 1Password.agilekeychain, 1Password.legacyagilekeychain and 1Password.opvault. I tried renaming 1Password.agilekeychain temporarily and then copied and renamed 1Password.legacyagilekeychain to 1Password.agilekeychain. When I tried to import it, it said my password was incorrect. I only ever used one password with 1Password, and I tried it several times, but it tells me the password is incorrect every time.

I restored the folders to their original names and tried importing the original 1Password.agilekeychain. It said there was nothing inside. I tried importing 1Password.opvault, and it also said the password is incorrect.

When I use the app on my Android phone, I can log in without a problem with my password, but it is showing a sync error. When the Android app updated the format of the archive, it appears not to have completed successfully.

Is there anything I can do? Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Vance

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @VanceG,

Before we take any further steps, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report from 1Password on your Android device (where you can use 1Password) and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

We will take a look at your current setup and provide you with further instructions. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.