Mac mini with 10.12.6 and Safari 12.1.2 and 1Password 7.4.2. Safari extension not working.

Options
Fivespan
Fivespan
Community Member

I am a subscriber.

This issue led me to try to re-install Safari extension. This led me to a support page indicating that the extension is part of 1Password7. That sent me to the Mac App store for an update (from where I originally installed the app). The app was advertised in the store as v7.4.4 and I noticed the version discrepancy from my installed version (v7.4.2). But no update is available from the app store. Minimum requirements are OSX 10.12.6. It checks for app updates and identifies several incompatible updates for other software but it does not identify an update to 1Password7.

I realize I have a rather old combination of software, but I am hoping there is a fix with minimal upheaval. Upgrading my OS would break my office scanner software and that's a $600 cost to replace.

The experience:
The button in the safari tool bar is available and reacts (as a button) but no action is initiated. The mini-window does not appear whether 1Password is open or not, unlocked or locked.

What I have tried:
1) update the 1Password7.app (stuck at version 7.4.2)
2) test the chrome extension ability (it does nothing - v4.7.5.90 and supposedly up to date)
2b) right click in the field and choose 1Passord menu item (it does nothing)
3) rebooting (no change)

NB!

In filling out the "additional information" below the text field on the forum post, I checked the version of the Safari extension. It is version 7.4.4. So I may have a "partial update" issue???

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: 7.4.4
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:app store update not available

Comments

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

If the problem with the scanner software centers on 32- vs 64-bit code, ASAIK only Catalina (10.15) REQUIRES the latter; other OSX (now macOS) versions are either fine running 32-bit code (e.g. High Sierra 10.13) or only warn you that the change is coming (e.g. Mojave 10.14). Even older Mac minis (2012) can run the latest macOS. Hope this helps.

• Hi @Fivespan

I am not able to reproduce this behavior, is there anything else about your setup that could cause this behavior.? Other installed extensions maybe? I am sorry it took me a bit to reply I had to dig out an older Mac to try and replicate this.

• One other thought this Mac had 1Password 6 on it previously, did you start with 1Password 7?

• Fivespan
    Fivespan
    Community Member
    Options

I downloaded the 1P troubleshooting tool and then rebooted again. After rebooting, the troubleshooting app identified the version installed was 7.4.4. I launched it and the system is working properly. 1P was the only extension. Thanks for the effort. Consider this issue closed. Not sure what happened there but 'tis the nature of complex systems!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Fivespan. Glad to hear a reboot seems to have resolved the issue. If it reoccurs, or if you have any further difficulties, please let us know. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.