Offline changes not syncing

I have some offline changes that are not syncing. I'm not even sure why they were even listed as offline in the first place.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:offline sync

Comments

• Hi @rdharvey,

Thanks for writing in.

Offline changes means that you made the changes on that computer but 1Password couldn't upload it to your 1Password account.

Are you using any VPN, proxy or firewall/anti-malware solution on your PC that could block 1Password from syncing?

Are you able to create a new item and see it show up in other 1Password apps or on the website, https://my.1Password.com?

• rdharvey
    rdharvey
    Community Member

I am not using VPN. I am using Windows firewall and Malware Bytes. I have made many changes to my database without syncing issues in the past. This only started to happen a few days ago. The problem extends to newly created items as well.

• Hi @rdharvey,

Considering we have not released any updates in a few months and it started breaking recently, there may have been an update to your security programs that started blocking 1Password. It is not the first time it happened.

Can you check Malwarebytes to make sure 1Password is whitelisted and can access 1Password.com on secure HTTPS port (443).

If it is not Malwarebytes, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• rdharvey
    rdharvey
    Community Member

I am not sure how to "whitelist" anything in Malware Bytes. There appear to be very few if any controls that I have access to in that program.

I don't know if it is related or not, but I have also noticed another problem that started at the same time. I am no longer able to empty the trash. Why I try, I get the following error messages: "Error while emptying trash for Private" and "Error while emptying trash for Shared".

I have submitted a diagnostic report by email.

Thanks

• Hi @rdharvey,

The trash is the same issue, it needs to be able to sync before it can empty anything.

I can't find your email, is your email address up to date in your forum profile? Did you get an automatic email reply from our BitBot and if yes, it contains the support ID number, can you tell me what it is, so I can find it.

• rdharvey
    rdharvey
    Community Member

The support ID is [#RGV-77323-945].

• gsglen
    gsglen
    Community Member

For what it's worth I am having the same problem starting tonight. I am a new user with the latest Windows Win10 version on my desktop (where the problem was observed), apps on several Apple iPhones and an iPad. It has been working flawlessly over the last week until tonight, when (coincidentally?) I updated my iPad to iOS 11 and loaded the app on it.

Diagnostic report sent (Diagnostics for 1Password v7.1.567 1533004457)

• gsglen
    gsglen
    Community Member

Sorry should have waited for the reply with tracking number before submitting above: It is [#QAT-24892-626]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rdharvey and @gsglen,

Thank you for the reports! We will take a closer look at what is going on and get back to you via email. Thanks again! :+1:

ref: RGV-77323-945
    ref: QAT-24892-626

• thobie
    thobie
    Community Member
    edited September 2018
                            Same problem here, 34 offline changes. I get an sign in email everytime I open the windows 1password program on the very same PC. And this PC has different unlock password compared to my home PC / phone. Only options regarding the vault is to add the same vault again (which it won't allow informing that password/key/... is invalid) or sign out (which makes me lost all the offline changes?).
                            ----------------------

reason: reconnect requested←[0m
                            ←[38;5;78mINF:13584 ←[0m │ ←[38;5;84m1Password::api:1790            │   638700ms │ > authorize account #4; account uuid: GF3...; device uuid: bpi5...; user uuid: R3XO...
                                    sessionId: MYH...
                                    time: 1 795ms
                            ←[0m
                            update_device_uuid: no such column: account_id
                            get_account_with_vaults: Query returned no rows
                            ←[38;5;78mINF:13584 ←[0m │ ←[38;5;84m1Password::api:1790            │   638999ms │ > sync
                                    account id: 4; type: I; session id: MYH...
                                    sync error: System.InvalidOperationException: Account row 4 not found.
                                                   at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceAccount.<RunSyncAsync>d__145.MoveNext()
                                    time: 1ms
                            ←[0m
                            ←[38;5;78mINF:14000 ←[0m │ ←[38;5;84m1Password::api:1790            │   639402ms │ notifier connected for account 4←[0m

• thobie
    thobie
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

34 Offline Changes. Get an email everytime I start the 1password program on Windows PC. The specific PC has different unlock password for some reason than my other PC or iPhone (which are syncin properly).

[#QKI-38964-322]

reason: reconnect requested←[0m
    ←[38;5;78mINF:13584 ←[0m │ ←[38;5;84m1Password::api:1790 │ 638700ms │ > authorize account #4; account uuid: GF3...; device uuid: bpi5...; user uuid: R3X...
    sessionId: MYH...
    time: 1 795ms
    ←[0m
    update_device_uuid: no such column: account_id
    get_account_with_vaults: Query returned no rows
    ←[38;5;78mINF:13584 ←[0m │ ←[38;5;84m1Password::api:1790 │ 638999ms │ > sync
    account id: 4; type: I; session id: MYH...
    sync error: System.InvalidOperationException: Account row 4 not found.
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceAccount.d__145.MoveNext()
    time: 1ms
    ←[0m
    ←[38;5;78mINF:14000 ←[0m │ ←[38;5;84m1Password::api:1790 │ 639402ms │ notifier connected for account 4←[0m

• Thanks, we got your email and will reply, it looks like 1Password didn't save your account details correctly.

ref: QKI-38964-322

• LBrownell
    LBrownell
    Community Member

Any solution to this? I'm having the same problem. 1Password on my windows 10 laptop is way out of sync; it has 94 items vs. the 157 it should have.

• LBrownell
    LBrownell
    Community Member

NM, solved it by logging out and back in. Maybe this will help others.

• This thread largely includes folks who have offline changes in 1Password for Windows, so while what you did would most certainly help folks who are missing items on Windows, it would actually lead those with offline changes in their Windows app to lose those offline changes entirely, so to anyone who comes here seeing offline changes in their sidebar do not sign out of your account.

That said, I'm glad you were able to find a solution, @LBrownell and thanks for sharing for those who are experiencing something similar. :chuffed:

• javvvvv
    javvvvv
    Community Member

I am having the same issue with a win 10 pro computer running the latest updates from MS. I am running Bitdefender AV and have 1Password listed as permitted application in the firewall setting. Thoughts?

• Since we've now covered a few different types of issues here, @javvvvv, I'm going to have to ask for a bit more detail from you. Forgive me, I just don't want to make a bad assumption and give you bad info as a result. 🙏

So, what are you seeing on Windows and what should you be seeing? Are there "Offline changes" in your sidebar? Thanks! :chuffed:

• javvvvv
    javvvvv
    Community Member

I am getting 2 offline changes in left sidebar and they do not go away when i close the program, open program or reboot computer. They are not syncing with my phone on this account.

I also have this account on my macbook at that one is working correctly

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @javvvvv,

Could you please try to re-edit the item in question on 1Password.com in the browser (not in the app), save it, and check if the issue remains?

Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• javvvvv
    javvvvv
    Community Member

I could not update those files since they were not syncing. I created a new file on the browser. When i logged into the pc app it also upgraded to the latest 1password update. it now seems to be working both ways, but am not sure what solved it.

• Hey, solved is solved, @javvvvv, I'll take it. It's quite possible this was an issue getting your network configuration that solved it as that's something we've been tweaking a fair bit in recent updates. Regardless, if things are working smoothly now, I'd be inclined to accept that and just keep an eye out to see if this happens again. :+1:

• javvvvv
    javvvvv
    Community Member

Will do. thanks for the conversation. I a cleaning up all sorts of things while working at home.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Greg and bundtkate, you are welcome @javvvvv! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• DavidHaefliger
    DavidHaefliger
    Community Member

Hello everyone,

I just deleted a tag which was assigned to 10'000+ datasets and i was confused as to why the Offline-Changes wouldn't update.
    While restarting the app i noticed that it had synced half of them already but wasn't giving me a visual update of it.
    It would be a small quality of life update if we had something like a "loading bar / sycing icon" or similar. Or just refresh the number faster idk :D

Just a suggestion... Have a nice day

Dave

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @DavidHaefliger! Has your data synced properly however? Please let me know if you are actually facing sync issues and we will be happy to take a look for you.

• DavidHaefliger
    DavidHaefliger
    Community Member

Hi Ana, @ag_ana

Yes it has all synced properly, after i noticed that i just takes a while for it all to run trough I gave it all enough time when i deleted other tags. I ran into a small problem where it didn't do complete the sync job for 30mins+, i restarted the app and after that i took another 5 minutes and it was uploaded. So yeah as I said: Without any visual information being displayed it can be a bit confusing, but it worked out in the end.

I'm sorry if this was the wrong thread if I didn't have actual sync issues. I thought it was fitting because i found the thread while figuring out what was going on with my offline syncs. Feel free to move / delete my comments.

Regards, Dave

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DavidHaefliger:

No worries at all, it's good that you posted about this! I just wanted to make sure if things ended up working for you after all :)

• RayClaire
    RayClaire
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

+1 on this issue.

Just now I edited an entry to add a new password on 1PW for Windows and it failed to sync. I tried making minor edits (like adding a note) to force a sync and that solution didn't work.

Only way I can correct this issue is to duplicate the entry, which carries over present data but not previously used passwords.

I had a similar issue last night that nearly gave me a panic attack, except it involved adding a TOTP secret to a login, so when I left home and tried to log into that account I was locked out of it entirely until I got home (not even a change of password fixed it since I was still being asked for 2FA).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RayClaire:

The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• RayClaire
    RayClaire
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

Since I basically made a complaint about this in multiple places, it ended up creating multiple support tags. The one I am going off of is [#YEZ-72176-924].

Anyways just now I went around and rearranged a bunch of tags to better organize my items. Now there are 11 Sync Errors. Making small edits to force them to sync does nothing to fix this, it just makes them Offline Changes as well.

I also tried updating the items with SEs from the iPhone app. The changes do trickle down to 1PW for Windows, but when I try to make changes in the Windows app, it fails to sync and becomes an Offline Change too.

This is annoying. I have basically sentenced 11 items to never be synced ever again, unless I duplicate them. Because of this, I can no longer confidently use 1PW for Windows because there is a non-zero chance that whatever I edit will be poisoned with a Sync Error.

This discussion has been closed.