Permission Denied Message

When I launch 1Password, I get the message below. After I click "OK", the app launches and I'm able to access my vault.

HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS MESSAGE WHEN I LAUNCH THE APP?

1Password couldn’t finish updating.

Web browsers or security software may be preventing 1Password from updating. Exit 1Password and your web browsers, configure any security software you may be using to allow 1Password to complete its update, then tray again.

Error: opw-base/src/erro.rs:277 permission denied (error code 5: Access is denied)

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Window 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vicpass,

Sorry for these troubles!

If 1Password on your Windows PC is unable to install the update, it means that something prevents it from doing so. Could you please tell us if you are running any kind of AV/anti-malware software on your computer? Also, do you have any pending Windows updates on your PC?

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

• vicpass
    vicpass
    Community Member

Hi,
    I completed a feature update and it seems to have done the trick. Question: Is there any way to decouple 1Password and Windows updates -- It's hassle to always have to update Windows to get 1Password to work properly?

• I answered your question via email, @vicpass, so rather than repeating myself, I'll just direct you to your inbox. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.