1Password X extension in-field behavior question

using 1Password X extension in Edge browser.
attempting to fill in name/address/etc info into website fields for the first time for an order.
i would expect that when I click in the name field, for instance, there would be a 1Password button with which I could select an identity within the field.
but apparently I have to click on the extension icon & search for my identity & choose autofill.
is that correct?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:in-field

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dwestenk!

Indeed, you can fill Identities from the inline menu too:

• dwestenk
    dwestenk
    Community Member

But the "inline menu" doesn't show up with an in-field right click! Will it always show up??

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dwestenk:

It should show up if 1Password recognizes it as a form. What website is this happening with? If you can share the URL we us, we can certainly test it here.

• dwestenk
    dwestenk
    Community Member

Remember, this is with respect to entering identity information at a website I am using for the first time. Here is just one example; https://www.walgreens.com/register/regpersonalinfo

If I attempt to register by clicking in the First Name field, there is no 1Password button to choose an identity or any inline menu choice that shows up. I have to go up to the extension, choose identities, choose the identity info I want to use , and click Autofill.

In LastPass, with a right click in the Name field, a contextual menu opens from which I am able to choose the identity with the information to be entered. 1Password X does not work in that manner. is that correct?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020

@dwestenk – I see what you're saying. The 1Password X inline menu will appear inside email fields, but as long as you have your name saved in the Identity item, it'll fill the name fields as well. So for the Walgreens website, for example, you can click inside the email field, select your Identity, and all of the fields except for the password field should fill. Let me know how that works for you!

ref: dev/core/core#409

• dwestenk
    dwestenk
    Community Member

"... you can click inside the email field, select your Identity, ..."

My point is that when I click in the field, nothing happens, there is no 1Password button there from which to choose my identity info. I have to go up to the extension, choose identities, choose the identity info I want to use , and click Autofill.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Interesting. Does the form you're looking at look the same as this screenshot (minus the inline menu, of course)?

This discussion has been closed.