Chrome extension asks for master pw

Options
jpbogers
jpbogers
Community Member

Hi,

My second complaint in two weeks after years of happy working together...
Since recently the Chrome extension asks for a master password each time after re-opening chrome. This is extremely annoying. I have put every switch about the automatic lock on negative and this still happens. I work with my laptop at home for 99% of the time, I would prefer to see the master password only once every month or so....
The instability of 1password is becoming such a vulnerability to my productivity that I'm seriously considering switching to another PW manager for the first time in more than 5 years. A perfect PW manager is completely invisible to the user in my opinion....

JP Bogers
Belgium

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jpbogers!

Since recently the Chrome extension asks for a master password each time after re-opening chrome.

What browser extension have you installed in Chrome this time? If it's 1Password X, what you are seeing is normal behavior. 1Password X does not communicate with the desktop application, it is an independent extension that you can use without having to install anything else separately.

If you would like your extension to follow the lock settings of the main app, you should use the companion browser extension instead, or upgrade to 1Password X beta so you can use the new desktop app integration feature (if you prefer to continue using 1Password X).

• jpbogers
    jpbogers
    Community Member
    Options

OK.... Thx. I have switched to the extension. I was using the 1passwordX

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation @jpbogers! I'm glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.