Sidebar doesn't remember selected view consistently and resets to "All Items" unexpectedly

Options
xierox
xierox
Community Member

Hello,

I am writing to report what appears to be a regression of "The sidebar will now remember if you last viewed the category list or the vault list on launch. {#4131}"

I was experiencing this issue before 7.4 (build #70400014), but then 7.4 fixed it. I was delighted camper until 7.4.2 (build #70402004) came out and the issue returned.

Here's the issue: I have a tag called "daily" and it's four passwords I use many times per day. (I work in tech and authenticate to a few services many times per day.) The problem is that when 1Password locks itself when I'm away from my desk, it will only remember my last selected view (the "daily" tag) about 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time, it takes me to "All Items".

In an attempt to work around this issue, I marked these four items as favorites and started selecting "Favorites" to view them. Unfortunately, the issue occurs with this method as well.

Expected behavior: 1Password will remember my last selected view. When I unlock 1Password, I am taken back to the view it was on before it was locked.

Actual behavior: 1Password remembers my last selected view around 75% of the time. The remaining 25% of the time, my view is reset to "All Items".

While this bug is a small thing, it's become a source of friction with using 1Password and quite frustrating because I encounter it multiple times a day every single workday. It would be quite nice if this was able to be fixed! (I'm about to give up on tagging altogether and just prefix my items with "0 -" so that they get sorted to the top of my list.)

James

P.S. When I unlocked 1Password to grab the version information, it reproduced again. Zee bug is real! I am not making it up. :)

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 70403002
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• xierox
    xierox
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, good news, I can now reproduce this 100% of the time. I just reproduced this 4 of 4 times.

Reproduction steps:

• Open 1Password
    • Click TAGS and click a tag you have defined
    • Close Macbook lid
    • Wait 2 minutes
    • Reopen Macbook lid, login using TouchID
    • Unlock 1Password using password

Expected behavior: 1Password will open to the tag you selected in step 2 above.

Actual behavior: 1Password will open to the "All Items" view.

I suspect this probably does not matter, but I have a Macbook Pro (17-inch, 2017).

• @xierox

I believe you! :) It is a regression and the bug report has been reopened.

• xierox
    xierox
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy, woohoo!

Thanks for the prompt reply. Will there be any future updates to this thread then or should I just look for a fix to 4131 in the release notes of a future update?

• @xierox

The current ticket is #3762 due to the original having been closed. I would check the release notes for a resolution notice.

• xierox
    xierox
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, thanks!

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

Glad to be of assistance. :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.