migrate from 1password 7 to family slow or stuck

Options
Mahyulan
Mahyulan
Community Member

Just successfully created a Family account.
Upgraded 1Password 6 to 1Password 7.
Started the migration of the main vault to the account.
It is now busy for an hour and my resources were more than 100%, so I had to kill the job.

When I try to initiate myself the tools>Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account is greyed out

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:migrate from 1password 7 to family slow

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Mahyulan

To enable the option to migrate please first use the vault switcher at the top left of the app to switch to your Personal vault within your membership account. Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• Mahyulan
    Mahyulan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I was able to restart the migration.
    How long does this take?
    The primary vault contains 1034 items / 8 folders / 18 tags

• Mahyulan
    Mahyulan
    Community Member
    Options

It seems it get stuck after 6 items

• Ben
    Options

@Mahyulan

It should be very quick... a minute or two on average. If it is getting hung up there may be an issue with one of your items. While the process is stuck please send us a process sample and diagnostic report. First, note the time at which 1Password began to hang. Then generate a process sample:

• Open the Activity Monitor application (you can use Spotlight to find it) and search for "1Password 7"
    • Select 1Password 7 in the list and choose "Sample Process" from the Gear icon in the toolbar.
    • When it is finished, save the sample.
    • Repeat these steps for the "1Password Helper" process

Please note: the samples will only be of any help if they are captured while 1Password is hung up. If they're taken before or after that point, they're going to show everything status quo.

Once you have the samples please generate a diagnostic report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics and sample to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.
    (the diagnostics file name should be something like "1PasswordDiagnostics-yourcomputer-date.zip" and the sample should be named something like "Sample of 1Password 7.txt" - please do not try to send us the "1PasswordTroubleshooting.zip" or "1PasswordTroubleshooting.app" files that you download from our website)

With your email, in addition to the diagnostic report and sample attachments, please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/554243/#Comment_554243
    • Your forum username
    • The time at which 1Password froze

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Hopefully with this information we should be able to track down the issue. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Mahyulan
    Mahyulan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

[#MYM-31832-623]

Hopefully you can help me out soon.

Bert

• Ben
    Options

Thanks Bert! I see we've received everything I'm going to review it myself, but I suspect I'm going to have to involve our development team to get to the bottom of the issue. We'll be in touch as soon as we can.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.