Master password changed on a second Mac computer: now not able to use it

Options
rob test
rob test
Community Member
edited March 2020 in Mac

On my second Mac computer which I don’t often use I used 1Password and had a popup to change the master password, which I did.
In my memory I used the same password and in some way I am now not able to login anymore on all my devices.

It seems I messed up somehow.

And also via the browser via my.1password.com etc. the Master Password is not accepted.
I have tried the 1Password Emergency Kit but no luck.

On my iPhone and iPad I am able to logon in 1Password “locally” but I get a popup window with the sign-in-error when I try my master password.
So I see on the iOS devices the iPassword content, but it's not up-to date anymore.

On my main Apple computer I am not able anymore to login.
And this one has the most recent iPassword content.
I use the same master password I use on the iPhone and iPad but no luck.

The sync as a result also seems broken which seems in a sense now logical:
On the iPhone and the iPad I see different items numbers.

But the most up-to date must be my main Mac computer because I always use this system.

How can I solve this?

_1Password Version: 7.4.4
_Extension Version: 7.4.4
_OS Version: 10.15.4
_Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rob test
    rob test
    Community Member
    Options

Addition to my first starting post.

The second Mac computer has btw an older OS version: High Sierra 10.13.6.
    iPassword version also 7.4.4 on this system, sync via iCloud.

Possible to locally logon into iPassword on this second Mac computer but then popup window Authentication error because of signing in into my account via that Master password.

On my primary Mac system: not possible to logon in 1Password and this is the main system I am working on.

How can I solve this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rob test!

It sounds like you have changed your Master Password for your 1Password.com account. Are you able to still unlock the app from your main Mac, and access your 1Password account there?

• rob test
    rob test
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana,

No, the case is not able to unlock on the main Mac.

On the other hand: I am able to unlock on the second Mac computer and on the iPhone and iPad.
    but after that - while locally login in the not synced 1Password app, then comes the popup authorization window.

• rob test
    rob test
    Community Member
    Options

Hi 1Password team: any advice for me further?
    Now big stress because not able to logon anymore as described earlier.

At the moment I have no idea how to solve this Master Password error on my main system and the online service.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rob test:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at how your 1Password app is configured, and see if there is anything we can suggest.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• rob test
    rob test
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ana,

Ok, done the diagnostic report and sent it.
    I will post here the ticket number when it's available

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @rob test. I was able to find your ticket in our system. Your support ID is [#KDN-81475-378]. We'll continue the conversation there. :+1:

Ben

ref: KDN-81475-378

• rob test
    rob test
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, now solved with Support - Corey.

This issue gave me much stress because it was a big problem ... but is was correctly handled and to the point advices were given.

Root cause of this issue remains difficult to pinpoint, but anyway now a stable situation and that's a big thing.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @rob test. Glad to hear Corey was able to get this straightened out for you. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.