It is possible to associate a password item to an iOS app without associated domain?

alantam
alantam
Community Member

There are iOS apps that I don't need to do anything and the correct password item is already picked for me above the keyboard. I supposed that's because of their app has associated domains that matches a website in the password item?

I searched the support forum and found posts about adding the app's bundled id as a website, but it doesn't work. For example, https://apps.apple.com/us/app/citi-mobile/id301724680 has a bundle id of com.citigroup.citimobile (according to https://itunes.apple.com/lookup?id=301724680). I added app://com.citigroup.citimobile to as a website to the password item, but the app still doesn't pick this one when I autofill password.

1Password Version: 7.4.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:ios app matching

Comments

• Hi @alantam

The app:// links are a Mac thing. On iOS instead we rely on the app's Associated Domain. You can check what the associated domain is (if they've set one) by using the autofill extension to save an item. For example, the eBay app uses ebay.com:

If the app doesn't have an Associated Domain defined then there is currently no way on iOS to associate a particular login item with that app, and all available Logins will be shown.

Ben

• alantam
    alantam
    Community Member

If the app doesn't have an Associated Domain defined then there is currently no way on iOS to associate a particular login item with that app, and all available Logins will be shown.

This is the case I'm hitting. There is no domain below "Create Login". Is it something you can add in future, or is it a restriction from Apple (that you don't know anything about the app that triggered the password request)?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alantam:

We currently do not know what app triggered the password request if the app does not have an Associated Domain, as Ben said. I am not sure there is a way to work around this at the moment, other than reaching out to the app developers and asking if they can add an Associated Domain to the app.

This discussion has been closed.