How do I sync password updates to other devices? It takes a long time for this to happen.

Options

When I make updates to passwords on one device, it can take a while to sync those new passwords to other devices. Is there a way in each app to "refresh" and get the latest information?

Thanks,
Matt

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync passwords to other devices

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mcdoma! Welcome to the forum!

Sync should happen immediately. Is this happening consistently for you?

• mcdoma
    mcdoma
    Community Member
    Options

It typically happens after about 5 mins. I need to wait after I make a change on one computer (e.g., Mac mini) to another device (either iPhone or Macbook Air). It will eventually update, but it's definitely not immediate.

Is there a sync command or refresh option I can invoke to to it immediately?

Thanks,
    Matt

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mcdoma:

I would like to understand where things are slowing down exactly. For example, when you make the change in 1Password X, do you see that change on the 1Password.com website immediately?

If you do, the problem is on your other devices. But if things take 5 minutes to go from 1Password X to your 1Password.com account already, then the issue is already on your first device. Knowing this will help us understand where to look exactly.

• mcdoma
    mcdoma
    Community Member
    Options

Things seems to be syncing quicker now. I'm not sure if I was trying it at a time I was having other internet issues or it was something else. For now things seem fine after testing between a few devices. Thank you for your assistance. I will let you know if I run into this issue again and be attentive to what may be causing it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @mcdoma! And thank you for the update :)

This discussion has been closed.