Can you help me access and set up the app? App store is hung up (long story of probable user error)

Options
KimRFC
KimRFC
Community Member

I previously purchased 1Password app on my iPhone but didn't have time to set it up. When I went in today to set it up, it asked me for a password (which I never created). So I set that App Store purchase to expire (July 2020), deleted the app from my iPhone and purchased a new annual subscription on my Mac. It downloaded but takes me to a "Lets Get You Signed Up" window that won't let me sign up. When I click on the blue bar "Try Free for 30 Days" it just circles and circles. The only other options look for a prior account that I never set up. I'm stuck in the void! Can you help?

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can you help me access and set up the app? App store is hung up

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi @KimRFC! Welcome to the forum!

When I went in today to set it up, it asked me for a password (which I never created)

Creating a password is a mandatory step when you configure 1Password for the first time. If you ever used 1Password previously, you must have configured a password.

Can you please try this using the app downloaded from our website instead (not from the Mac App Store), and see if that works better for you?

This discussion has been closed.