Where are we in terms of being able to add attachments to items?

Options

Just as the title says - I'd love to be able to take a picture of my drivers license, passport, back of a credit card for contact info etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• samgix6
    samgix6
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

accidental double post

• MikeT
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi @samgix6,

Thanks for writing in.

You already can do that in 1Password for a while now.

If you're using a 1Password.com account, then the process is a bit complicated that we will improve in a future update. 1Password accounts do not use file attachments but use Document items instead. So, if you want to add your driver license photo to a Login item for an example, you'll have to do this for now:

1. Create a new Document item, drag your photo into it, save it.
    2. Edit the Login item and scroll down to the Related Items to click Link existing and select the Document item with the driver license photo, save it. Now, you'll be able to access that Document item from the Login item anytime.

In a future update, we will let you drag any files onto any items to automatically create a linked Document item.

• paulc1986
    paulc1986
    Community Member
    Options

How are you going with this? Doesn't seem to be available on Android.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @paulc1986,

Could you please specify the way you are using 1Password on your Android device? Do you have 1Password account?

If you do, please check this article on how you can add documents there. Let me know if it helps.

Thank you and take care,
    Greg

• paulc1986
    paulc1986
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg ..

I use 1Password on Android using a 1Password account. I can add documents to the document collection.

I thought I should be able to link a document to another item. For example, I want to link a photo of my membership card to the membership item details.

I'm sure i used to be able to this when I used 1Password on my macbook ... I could add a photo of my license .. but I think that was back before I switched to a 1Password account (I was syncing vaults with dropbox .. and when they changed the rules limiting the number of devices to sync from that became unworkable).

Is what I describe possible? or on its way with 1Password account?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paulc1986,

It is not possible to link items in 1Password for Android yet, sorry for the inconvenience. Right now, you can link related items in 1Password 7 for Windows and 1Password 7 for Mac, as described here. Please give it a try and let me know how it works. Thank you!

Stay safe,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.