How to configure 1password to select the correct autofill password for my Google Account?

Options

Hi.

This is something that constantly interrupts my workflow and has been bothering me for awhile...

I use a few separate Google accounts on a daily basis. 8, to be exact.

Due to the way Google's login flow works, it gets very frustrating having to manually select the matching account everytime I login...

This is the login screen I'm referring to:

My question is, how can I configure 1password to read what's in the "profileIdentifier" div (one of my 8 account emails), and autofill the correct password so that I don't have to select it?

Hope someone here can help...

Thanks,
Jared

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:google

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jlmurphysa! Welcome to the forum!

I have just tested this on my machine, and when I reached the password entry page, 1Password was already showing the correct entry when I opened the browser extension, so this should work for you too. What version of the 1Password app, 1Password browser extension, and what browser is this happening with?

• jlmurphysa
    jlmurphysa
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

Thanks for the response! :)

I'm using Chrome with the MacOS 1Password App and Chrome extension.

I usually activate Autofill with a hotkey, but in this case the hotkey just opens up the 1Password suggestions, where I have to pick the correct entry.

Do you have multiple Google accounts for it to select from?

And if so, could you share what your entries look like? (e.g. website, username/password, Saved Form Details, extra)

EDIT: Version of the app is 1Password 7.3.2

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jlmurphysa:

Yes, I have multiple Google accounts, and when I call the extension with the Command+\ keyboard shortcut (while I am on the password entry page), the list opens with the correct account already selected, so I only have to confirm the selection.

I don't have any specific information inside the Login entries, they all look like this:

An alternative option would be to use the 1Password X browser extension instead, which I think will work better based on your requirements. This extension works a bit differently than the companion browser extension that you are using: it's able to not only select the correct account when you get to the password page, but also enter the correct password automatically, so you don't even have to call the 1Password extension a second time ;)

• jlmurphysa
    jlmurphysa
    Community Member
    Options

I'll give the 1Password X extension another try - it looks like it's been updated since I last checked.
    Maybe that'll perform better.

Thanks for your feedback, @ag_ana.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

On behalf of ag_ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.