I'm having trouble uninstalling 1Password for windows

Hello i'm having some issues uninstalling 1Pass for windows. Any idea on how I can fix this?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @Bobyo 😊

Can we make 100% sure we're attempting to uninstall this from an Administrator account on that Windows Machine?

If we are, then let's try restarting the machine itself (you'd be surprised, but this solves a lot of weird things that we see) and then making sure we're uninstalling 1Password following these steps precisely.

https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/

• Bobyo
    Bobyo
    Community Member

Hello @Blake yes, I have restarted the machine and also i'm the administrator, and the same error appears. Any ideas?

• @Bobyo

Let's move our discussion to email so that we can take a peek 'under the hood' so-to-speak to see what's going on.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

After you create you diagnostic, send us an email to support@1password.com with the Diagnostic Report added as an attachment, and add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it: [#GED-67289-281]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Bobyo
    Bobyo
    Community Member

Sure thing, i'll do this as soon as I get home

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bobyo,

We are looking forward to hearing from you! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: GED-67289-281

• Yo_Ayo
    Yo_Ayo
    Community Member

@Greg / @Blake I'm having the same issue. I am unable to uninstall 1Password and I'm also unable to start it on my main profile. This profile is a "standard" user but my user was that installed it in the first place.

Any suggestions?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yo_Ayo,

Please try to do the following:

1) Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%, then press Enter.

2) Find the 1Password folder there and move it (cut and paste) to the desktop.

3) Reboot your PC.

4) Download the latest version of 1Password 7 for Windows from here and install it.

I know it is weird to install the software in order to uninstall it, but please give it a try and let me know how it goes. By the way, is there a particular reason you are uninstalling 1Password? Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Yo_Ayo
    Yo_Ayo
    Community Member

Hi @Greg

Thanks that worked and it appears the new install replaced the broken uninstaller from the older install. I appreciate the support, thanks 1Password Team!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Yo_Ayo,

Great news! I am glad to hear it worked. :) We are always here for you, if you need us.

Stay safe,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.