Unlock edit/add

Options

Think of an advanced user, then think of the opposite, that's me.

Had to reinstall windows and it's taken me too long to get 1password running. Everything is working correct after using licence file apart from I can't edit or add new logins.
Anyone? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• It sounds like you are still in read-only mode, @sargas. That should be resolved by adding a license, though. When you unlock 1Password, do you see anything that says "frozen" or "read-only"? These two terms might not mean anything to you, but if you can tell me which you see, that will help me do a better job of giving you proper guidance. :+1:

• sargas
    sargas
    Community Member
    Options

Embarrassingly it fixed itself after I rebooted the machine. Sorry for wasting your time.
    While I'm hear, how do I change the password for when I open the 1password program? Thank you.

• Hey, reboots can be magic, @sargas. Wouldn't be the first time and probably won't be the last either. :wink: As for changing your Master Password, you can find a guide to do that here:

https://support.1password.com/change-master-password/

Since you're using a license, likelihood is you have at least one standalone vault, so that's the section you'll probably want to look at unless I'm off-base about your setup. :+1:

• sargas
    sargas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the link, bundcake. Standalone vault is correct. It was the 3 small dots I hadn't found. All is well now. :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sargas,

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! We are glad to hear you are all set now. :)

Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Stay safe,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.