Purple window when opening QuickLook-Preview of file

simusch
simusch
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi

Today, I added a file to 1Password. Then I opened the preview of the file and got a purple window with "constraint" information.
I could not close this window without quitting 1Password.

See a screen-recording here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eikmbs2c89p4oik/CleanShot 2019-08-05 at 18.36.32.mp4?dl=0

Can you reproduce this?
Simon

1Password Version: 7.3.2.BETA-2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @simusch,

Thanks for reporting this.

The purple framing is a side effect of this being a beta build. We have a flag turned on that produces that framing any time there's an auto layout constraint violation. That flag is enabled so we can address these issues while in beta, since in most cases the violation will be a visual glitch that may not get reported. The purple window ensures they get reported. Unfortunately this particular one isn't one we can fix as it solely rests in a window that the QuickLook framework creates.

• nchardin
    nchardin
    Community Member

Who can help me?

• @nchardin

We can try to do that. :) Could you let us know what's happening?

• nchardin
    nchardin
    Community Member

This purple business has happened before. Somehow, I found out how to get rid of it, but, naturally, did not write it down. It only happens with 1 Password, and I am not able to tell what I do that makes it appear. It has been many months since it happened the last time.

• nchardin
    nchardin
    Community Member

Are you there? I know you must be having a hard time running a business right now if you are like your neighbors. Thank goodness I am more or less disabled and have to spend most of my time at home already, so being in the house really doesn't bother me. I am unable to access 1Password while the pink page is on. HELP!!!

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@nchardin

This is a community forum and not a real-time chat. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to get back to people. :(

To get the purple border to disappear, you will need to quit 1Password completely and then relaunch it.

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely using
    • ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)

• You do not need to unlock the app to have it quit.

• 1Password must be the frontmost app when quitting.

1. Open 1Password.
    • If the border reappears you will need to quit and relaunch 1Password again.
  • nchardin
    nchardin
    Community Member

What a pal! I am sorry if I sounded angry. I wasn't. Although, the force quit didn't help, I re-launched and everything is fine. Thanks a million. I have written down the solution in case it appears again.

I love 1 Passport. It has saved this old lady's sanity. Those passwords are too much to be kept track of. 1Password does a great job!

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@nchardin

Nah, you didn't sound angry at all, more frustrated, I would say. Please visit anytime, and we can help cut out those frustrations. :)

Take care and stay safe.

This discussion has been closed.