After updating to 1 Password 7.4.4, it does not communicate with Safari 13.1

agile_ruby
agile_ruby
Community Member

I just updated my iMac to 1Password 7.4.4 (70404001). My iMac Operating System is macOS Catalina Version 10.15.4. When I am using Safari Version 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8). If I go to a site at which I need my password I click on the Safari Extension and the autofill box is missing from the mini screen. When I am not at a site in Safari and click on the blue site name I do not go to the site. Please advise.

Mark R

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @agile_ruby

Please try the following.

1. Open 1 Password desktop app
    2. Go to top menu bar: Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password Extension helper

If that fails to provide any relief to the issue, can you try these steps?

https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-already-installed/#what-you-should-do

• cpadave
    cpadave
    Community Member

I tried all that with no luck. Also applies to Chrome version 81.0.4044.83

• cpadave
    cpadave
    Community Member

Got it! Somehow after I installed Safari 13.1 my Mac went to the App Store and downloaded 7.4.4 - but I had purchased directly from Agilebits back when 13 was introduced. I went back directly to the site, downloaded 7.4.3, ran my license file, quit everything and restarted it all and I am back in business. I kept getting bugged to buy a license which I thought was strange, so maybe the extension doesn’t work if you don’t have a license? Anyway I installed the license I bought in October and all is well!

• happy1passworduser
    happy1passworduser
    Community Member

Tommy, I'm seeing that also after the manual update to 1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002) 1Password Store ... the Safari extension doesn't work either. And, "go to top menu bar: Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password Extension helper" doesn't find anything.

I'm in the middle of something on Safari, I think it's already been relaunched since the manual update.

it looks like the manual update is breaking both my Opera and Safari extension operations.

Where is 7.4.4 available? Why didn't the manual update install to that?

• Guildy
    Guildy
    Community Member

I'm having exactly same issues. Neither Chrome nor Safari extensions work on Mac since doing the 7.4.3 manual update. Tried resetting extension as per above and all the usual multiple quitting and re-installing of extensions.

• mdeboer
    mdeboer
    Community Member

Same goes for Firefox with 7.4.3 (manual update). I fixed this by going to the 1Password mini (icon) in the menu bar, right clicking and choosing to quit 1Password completely. It would appear the browser helper wasn't quit properly by the installer so it would run an old helper and new application.

Basically the same ag_tommy said I realise now after typing this lol.

• statto1927
    statto1927
    Community Member

Exactly the same issue here. Updated (manually) to 7.4.3 this morning neither the Password extension or mini-tool worked in Safari following.
    As an aside, my iMac also auto-updated to Catalina v 10.15.4 (19E266) last night.

I then also followed the step that mdeboer posted above (quitting 1P completely from the mini toolbar, and this seems to have fixed it. Clearly something slightly amiss in the upgrade process.

• @statto1927

I'm glad to hear you found a resolution. Sorry for the trouble you had.

• If anyone else is still having issues please try a restart of the Mac. I prefer a complete shutdown and then restart. But that's my personal preference.

• Westphalism
    Westphalism
    Community Member

I'm having a similar but slightly different experience.

Upon installing the 1Password 7.4.4 update on my mac, Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.3....I do have the 1Password Icon on my Safari browser but when I click on it, it doesn't open the 1Password box, which would normally auto-identify the website I'm on and autofill the username password.

I have done a restart and doesn't work.

Please advise?

• Westphalism
    Westphalism
    Community Member

it's working now. My mac was in the process of download/installing in the background Catalina v 10.15.4

same as statto1927

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Westphalism! I am glad to hear that everything is working again for you too :)

• agile_ruby
    agile_ruby
    Community Member

I am continuing to have the same problem with autofill. I can go to a site manually, when I reach the site there is no auto-fill button. I can drag user name and password and they fill. I really need additional assistance

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@agile_ruby

I am sorry you are still having trouble. Let's see what we can do to try and get you fixed up. I have had good luck with the following set of instructions. Can you give them a go?

1. Quit Safari and any other open web browsers.

2. Open and then quit 1Password completely.

• Hold down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar.
    1. Restart the Mac.

2. Open 1Password.

3. Open the browser(s).

4. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins.

--

If that fail's to provide you relief, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Please use the following link to create a report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. agile_ruby
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/554935/#Comment_554935

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

Once we receive the report, we will be in a better position to assist you.

• sadon
    sadon
    Community Member

7.4.3 is now working on my Mac BUT what is 7,4,4 and how do I get ii. The 1password data says it is up to date.

• agile_ruby
    agile_ruby
    Community Member

Thank you for your help. However, I tried this routine, and it made matters worse (I am not blaming you). As a result I still have no autofill button. Now however, when I attempted to remove a site and related user name and password, my computer locked up, and force quit would not solve the problem. I had to shut off the computer. In addition when I now work with any browser, if I manually go to a site and click the extension button, the 1Password mini screen appears at the beginning of my vault and I have to search for the site that I am at currently. Once there I can drag the user name and password and open the site. Even with these issues I am still able to use 1Password on my iPhone, and it works like a charm. I can even delete old sites with my iPhone, and the deletions are made on my computer. 1Password on my iMac and iPhone are synced with dropbox.

I love 1Password. I have been using it for about 15 years, and this is really the only "software" issue I have had.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@agile_ruby

if I manually go to a site and click the extension button, the 1Password mini screen appears at the beginning of my vault and I have to search for the site that I am at currently.

Open 1Password > Preferences > Mini > Open 1Password to: and change this to suggestions, if it's set to something else.

Please send in that diagnostic report. We would love to try and help you resolve the issue.

edit: I have found your ticket. Someone will reach out to you ASAP.

ref: HMH-63571-864

This discussion has been closed.