Recover a lost Secure Note

I have lost a secure note. I must stupidly have deleted it. I'm not even sure how I named it but would recognise it when I see it. I have backup zip files on my external hard drive going back way before I last accessed/changed this note. What is the best way to go about finding the missing note to copy it into my current vault?
Thanks for the help.

1Password Version: 7.4.763 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

Sorry to hear about your situation!

When you delete an item in 1Password, that item goes to Trash first. Could you please check the Trash in 1Password 7? Do you see your deleted note there?

As for your backups: 1Password automatically creates backups of the standalone vaults on your Windows PC every day if there have been any changes made since the last backup. It means that you can restore the backup from the day before you deleted your note. What do you think?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Greg, tks very much. Problem solved. I t was not in trash because I had emptied that quite recently. It took me a couple of attempts to find the backup which had what I was looking for. Thanks to a thread from Mike in this forum I found out how to restore. I had been concerned that restoring would overwrite my existing vault as opposed to creating a new one. Then it was just a matter of copying the note to my existing vault and deleting the just installed backup. Another lesson learned.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

That is great news! I am glad to hear you were able to recover your Secure Note. We are always here for you, if you need us. :)

Stay safe,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.