After installing 1Password 7.4.3, the Safari extension is no longer working.

Options
oldcars
oldcars
Community Member

macOS Catalina 10.15.4, 1 Password 7.4.3 and Safari 13.1. After installing 1PW 7.4.3, Safari extension is no functioning.
I have the mini icon in the Safari toolbar. When in Safari View -> Custom toolbar, the 1PW ext does not show. I've gone through the 1PW help -> troubleshoot-> restart ext helper but no change. After that I performed a full shutdown and reboot but there was no change.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Safari 13.1
OS Version: MACos 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• u_d_o
    u_d_o
    Community Member
    Options

same with me

• Ben
    Options

Hi @oldcars

Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• IndyHCKM
    IndyHCKM
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben's instructions worked for me.

FURTHER: I also could not access 1Password with my normal global keyboard shortcut. That has also been resolved with @Ben's steps.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for letting us know @IndyHCKM.

Ben

• oldcars
    oldcars
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, Thank you for your response, and sorry for the delays in getting back to you. After trying all the suggestions and options available the problem remained. Since this was not the **most **pressing issue (although close) I let it sit for a couple days and then did another complete restart and low and behold the problem was gone. I wish I could tell you exactly what fixed the problem to help others but for the time being I do have not a clue. If/when it comes back, I'll let you know and start the process over.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @oldcars. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.