My daughter can't log in to the Mac app, but can on other apps.

Options
Jackovin
Jackovin
Community Member

We recently upgraded from a very old account (I think it was a family bundle of accounts from 8 years ago or so). I recently upgraded and added my family including my daughter. After a lot of effort I was able to get her logged in on the 1Password iPhone app (1Password X), got her logged in via Chrome add-in, and have her logged in on the web. But when we install the Mac app on her MacBook the password that we have used for all of the other log-ins does not work. I looked at Preferences | Accounts and it appears to have correct info. I guess I am stuck and wondering how to fix this?

John

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Jackovin

Did you perhaps use a different Master Password before moving to an account? Membership accounts set a minimum requirement. I suspect that's the issue. If so, please try that earlier Master Password. Once you can open 1Password, verify all of her information is within the new membership. We will need to remove the old Primary vault (pre membership) so she can log in with the newer credentials.

• Jackovin
    Jackovin
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

@ag_tommy

I'm sure that is it. She set up her 1Password account under the old system and then stopped using it. I am guessing she doesn't know the password. Is there a way to blow away that account?

[UPDATE] I looked at the Key on her phone and also the key on her Mac and they are different. Still wondering how to kill that initial account since it is tied to her same email as the new 1Password family account.

• Ben
    Options

@Jackovin

Is all of her data available to her when signing in at https://my.1password.com/ using her account credentials within the 1Password Families membership? If so she should be able to use Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data in 1Password for Mac to completely reset her 1Password for Mac install, and log in with the family account fresh. If she has another 1Password membership that she doesn't know the credentials for she can use this page to delete it:

https://my.1password.com/support

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Jackovin
    Jackovin
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben that did it (the first suggestion)! Thank you so much!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. Glad to hear that helped. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.