Upgraded to 1Password V7. All passwords stop at log-in screen & bank sites don't open at all.

Options
PNpqt02
PNpqt02
Community Member

I recently upgraded to 1Password7 and High Sierra around the same time. When I open up 1Password and click on an item, they all stop at the log-in screen and do not enter my username and password. Also for our banking web sites, we are unable to even get to the log-in page and we get an error message saying "A problem repeatedly occurred with... site address". I confirmed that the URL is correct using a smart phone.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded to 1Password V7. All passwords stop at log-in screen & bank sites don't open at all.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @PNpqt02

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your sites to load. Let's see if we can't get to the bottom of this for you... So we can troubleshoot this issue I have a few questions.

I recently upgraded to 1Password7 and High Sierra around the same time. When I open up 1Password and click on an item, they all stop at the log-in screen and do not enter my username and password.

Which web browser (and which version of said web browser) are you using? Do you have the 1Password extension installed in it?

Also for our banking web sites, we are unable to even get to the log-in page and we get an error message saying "A problem repeatedly occurred with... site address". I confirmed that the URL is correct using a smart phone.

Are you able to get there without involving 1Password?

OS Version: 10.13.6

macOS 10.13 is pretty old at this point. Is that the latest version your computer is capable of?

Please let me know.

Ben

• PNpqt02
    PNpqt02
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding Ben, but we were having so many problems, I decided to go back to 1Password 6 and reboot to Sierra.
    Everything is working properly once again.

• Ben
    Options

@PNpqt02

I'd strongly recommend viewing that as a temporary measure. We really can't recommend using a machine that cannot be updated, particularly if it is connected to the internet. Both 1Password 6 and macOS Sierra are retired and no longer receive updates. 1Password 6 was retired in mid-2018, and extended support of Sierra by Apple ended in October 2019.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.