Why do both the mini window and 1password 7 windows both open when I am using the login shortcut

ymmij
ymmij
Community Member

I use the shortcut (command ) to initiate my login and if more interaction is required, both the mini window and main window opens.
Only require the mini window to open. Pretty disturbing to have the screen fill up with all that stuff.

Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 1Password 4.71
OS Version: OSX 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 and mini open at the same time

Comments

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member

Same problem here

• samsonjs
    samsonjs
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

This is a fairly annoying change in 1Password 7. The main window becomes visible if the app was hidden (which it usually is for me because 95% of the time I'm not using it), and then the mini window appears and the main window gets moved behind my current browser window, but still invariably in front of some other window I was using and maybe wanted to click back to.

Insult to injury: I want to quickly hide 1Password after this using the ⌘-tab switcher and hitting H when 1Password is selected, but it hasn't moved to the front of the app switcher so I have to tab over to the middle.

This is a big step backwards in usability :(

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member

I'm pretty sure this has been identified as a bug. Watching thread to confirm.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi everyone -- @btownguy is correct; this is not the expected behavior, and we're looking into it already as a bug. I don't have any information for you regarding when you might see a solution for it, but something like this would appear in the betas first (if you have any interest in running them), and shortly after in the stable releases. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

ref: apple-1157

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member

I do have the same problem and it's super annoying. Everytime I invoke 1PW mini in the browser with the shortcut cmd-opt-# I get both windows. This degrades the user experience of 1PW massively!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Thomas - I'm sorry for the trouble. We are indeed looking into a fix for this issue, so please bear with us and keep an eye on updates/release notes. If you're interested, you'd see it first in beta builds (which you can turn on by clicking "Include beta builds" in **Preferences > Updates."" Thanks for your patience!

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member

@Lars This problem now still persists since 3 Months - and it's a major major annoyance issue. Everytime when starting autofill, both windows pop up. I wonder why not more people complain about this …

• ymmij
    ymmij
    Community Member

I second Thomas's thoughts. The forum suggested that a fix was on the way, so no need to keep shouting.
    Months later and a new update has appeared (7.1.1)...but no mention of a fix, and it is a major major annoyance.
    SO...LET THE SHOUTING BEGIN!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Thomas and @ymmij - thanks for the reminder. :)

• lindan
    lindan
    Community Member

This is very annoying behaviour. The main app very often covers the site I'm trying to log in to.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lindan - I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This has been fixed in beta, so if it's so annoying that you can't wait for it to roll out to the stable version, you can turn on beta builds by clicking the "include beta builds" box in Preferences > Update. Or, it should be making its way to the stable channel soon. :)

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member

Oh noooo. The problem WAS gone but reappeared on 7.3!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Thomas - confirmed that one here as well on at least one system, will re-open issue. Sorry for the trouble! :(

ref: apple-1157

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member

@Lars Any opdates on here? This super annoying bug is not existing since 4 months as a regression bug … This is super annoying for everyone of our 70+ employees.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Thomas - our developers are still looking into this one. I don't have anything to announce regarding a timeline for when you might see a fix in updates, but the beta channel is where you'd see such a thing first. If you're willing to run betas, just check the "include beta builds" box in 1Password > Preferences > Updates, and keep an eye on release notes for notifications of fixes to this and other issues. For reference, the internal code on this one is apple-1157, which you would see referenced in beta release notes. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

@Lars I'm sorry, but FIVE months later in 7.4.1 this super annoying bug is still present. I mean … really? This bug is now unfixed essentially now than about 18 months.

• Hey again, @Thomas,

Apologies for the wait on this one. Indeed, this is still being investigated and worked on internally, and I can tell you that the issue that Lars mentioned, #1157, is still open on the developer side of things. So it's certainly not being ignored. Like Lars initially mentioned, switching to a 1Password for Mac beta might get you the fix a bit more quickly once it's out.

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Community Member

…aaaaand still there with 7.4.4 Mac App Store on 10.15.4. Approaching two years.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2020

@Thomas, thanks. I wish I had more encouraging news I could share, but it is still on the radar. The best I could suggest for now, if you're using a membership, would be the 1Password for Mac beta (downloaded from our website) + the 1Password X beta, with Desktop App Integration. Further details on that setup can be found here:

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉 — 1Password Forum

Ben

This discussion has been closed.