Reused Password

Options

Hello,

I generate a new strong password and when i paste it to a site in my 1Password Windows App i recieve a red warning

This password used for more than one items...

But as i say its a new generate password!

Comments

• Chances are, @Thanos92, that the domain you generated the password on is different from the domain used for your Login item. When you generate a new password, 1Password automatically saves a Password item with the website field set to the URL you generated the password on. This is done so that if you Login item doesn't get updated for any reason, you can find that generated password in 1Password and update it yourself by looking for the site's URL in your Password items. 1Password will generally skip flagging these as reused passwords, but it does this by looking at the URL. It sees the URL for your Password item and your Login item are the same and, based on this, it can safely assume this password isn't reused. If the URLs are different, though, it will flag them both, and sometimes sites will have a different domain for their password change pages (where you generally generate your passwords) and their sign-in page where you actually sign in to the account, which means 1Password won't know that these were actually for the same site.

To fix this, open 1Password and click Reused Passwords in your sidebar. Find the Password item for the site in question and delete it. That will remove the flag. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.